Custom Visual Pinball X Table – Notre Dame

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mestermenn
    Participant
      @mestermenn

My father and I are brand new to the world of Virtual Pinball.  I grew up playing the Bally Mariner machine from 1971 in our basement with him.  I recently purchased two new Virtual Pinball Cabinets for him and I.  We are just learning.

His birthday is coming up in six months and I would love to give him the most amazing gift.  I would love to see if there is anyone who would be willing to build a custom pinball table for him with a Notre Dame Football theme.  I am willing to pay to have this created, but I also know this hobby is done by people who do it as a free and open source, but I do not want to take advantage of anyone.  Even if I pay, I would be willing to share the table to the community.  Perhaps could take an existing table with the gameplay and overlay it with the different graphics.  His cabinet is already tricked out with Notre Dame graphics and I have a graphic designer making the virtual backglass.      My father is getting up there in years (88 now) and is not in the greatest of health.  I am just trying to make what has been a tough year for him, memorable in one way.  He would freak out if I could figure out how to get this done.

If I am violating decorum or etiquette with this post, I sincerely apologize.  That is not my intention.  If this should be posted somewhere else, direction would be appreciated.  I look forward to becoming an active member of the community as I learn more about the hobby and start to get familiar with everything.

Thanks,

Steve

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Hi Steve. If you have any graphics skills at all, then you should be able to do this quite easily yourself. My suggestion would be to download maybe one of the mods that disable the original music in the rom. An example https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/indochine/ – once downloaded. Open image manager, sort it by path, then you find almost all the images easily that was replaced from the original table. You of course export these, change them to your liking. In the script you will find references to the music used, obviously, changing their names to match with what you will replace them with and you should in theory be done. Depending on how much work you want to put into it. Maybe a couple of days work and you will learn something in the process, and maybe even be proud of what you’ve created instead of asking someone to do the work for you.

32assassin
        Participant
          @32assassin

download this table (or pick another table you like Ballys Mariner is also available)

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pro-football-gottlieb-1973/

export all the images

ask a graphic artist to change all the colors to match the ND color scheme

Import the modified images to the table –> done

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?