Cyclone (Williams 1988)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus

Very surprised to see myself that I haven’t exported the script for this exact table. I normally do that so they are easily accessible for me for such times as this. I know I have both Sliderpoint and Bords version in my cab so. Seems I will have to turn on the cab later on and export it guess. I can take a wild guess how it looks in the script since you mention solenoids etc.

PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperDown”,DOFFlippers), 0, 1, AudioPan(RightFlipper), 0,0,0,1,AudioFade(RightFlipper) <== this is from bords version I should add.

This would mean, It has both SSF and DOF enabled. Why ? Because it uses 9 parameters. The AudioPan in this case is the location of the x-axis. The AudioFade is the y-axis. What you are after is the “fx_flipperdown”. The sound is always the second parameter. Might be confusing to see, but, it ends up being 2nd because of the use of the parenthesis. You will in 99% of the cases find a almost 100% same line where the sounds for the flipper going up is played.

If you want to change flipper sound. Find one that you like. Go to sound manager. mark up and down sound, press export. Then you are ready to replace these. Lets pretend this is the correct name. Now mark fx_flipperdown, press replace with or whatever the exact wording is. Then find that exported sound for the flipper going down, do then the same procedure for the flipper going up and save.

knightrider
      Participant
        @knightrdrx

i don’t feel i need to change the sound if it is correct in sound manager. the other part i don’t understand.

bumpers sound kind of muted too sometimes..maybe another sound is trying to play at the sametime and it can’t handle it?

knightrider
        Participant
          @knightrdrx

got it..had the soundblaster card set to 5.1 when it should be stereo..that made a HUGE difference. now it sounds nice.

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Oh. We’ve all been there – smashing hand to the forehead. B-)

knightrider
            Participant
              @knightrdrx

Hi all,

This happened when i updated to 3723. it glows like the sun. only this table it appears..did this happen to anyone else?.20190624_213042

stvpin
              Participant
                @stvpin

Yup, in earlier builds actually too.  Playfield reflections got fixed/adjusted and resulted in this halo, I see it on a couple tables.   :)   turn down the “Reflection of Playfield” in the ball properties.    I changed that 100 to 0.1

ROP

knightrider
                Participant
                  @knightrdrx

that worked thank you! i was starting to mess with that but i would have never tried dropping it that low!

edo75
                  Participant
                    @edo75

The game works but yet I don’t see any blackglass even with the B2S that was on the zip. Any idea?

Edit: It’s nothing, just a bad renaming. Everything works great.

fourbanks
                    Participant
                      @fourbanks

does anyone know how to reduce the excessive light that surrounds the ball thanks ?

BrandonLaw
                      Participant
                        @brandonlaw

does anyone know how to reduce the excessive light that surrounds the ball thanks ?

stvpin wrote:
                        Yup, in earlier builds actually too. Playfield reflections got fixed/adjusted and resulted in this halo, I see it on a couple tables. :) turn down the “Reflection of Playfield” in the ball properties. I changed that 100 to 0.1

Or if that’s not what you’re describing: in ‘Options’ for the table (left side toolbar) you will see a ‘Ball’ drop down in the list.  The ‘intensity’ is what you want to modify.

ball

"Fuck this game. I love it."

BrandonLaw
                        Participant
                          @brandonlaw

Your diligence to get this single table working is driving me to grab it and play it!

Welcome to the dark side.  You will love VPX.  We are here to help.

fourbanks
                          Participant
                            @fourbanks

Your diligence to get this single table working is driving me to grab it and play it!

Welcome to the dark side. You will love VPX. We are here to help.

thanks, guys. yes I’m a type of person who tries hard to get things right despite my old age :good:

Friffy1
                            Participant
                              @friffy1

Just wanted to say thanks for this table. Of the >900 in my cabinet, this is the one that gets played the most.

fourbanks
                              Participant
                                @fourbanks

Just wanted to say thanks for this table. Of the >900 in my cabinet, this is the one that gets played the most.

me too it’s just 100% how I remember it ‘nothing more nothing less

lowtcell
                                Participant
                                  @lowtcell

Since I finished my cab, this has become my most played table. Thank you very much for the hard work.

I did notice that the 5X bonus light is always flashing? Is it that normal?

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Since I finished my cab, this has become my most played table. Thank you very much for the hard work.

I did notice that the 5X bonus light is always flashing? Is it that normal?

Truly a hallmark table.  I’d wondered about that 5x as well and just n now watching a PAPA vid – looks like their 3x was always flashing!  I really need to learn the rules to some of these tables someday.    Just finished the cab @lowtcell ?  Post some pics in the build forum!!

fourbanks
                                    Participant
                                      @fourbanks

could someone please confirm the rom for this table as for some odd reason the rom i have has developed an error today

cant start game cycin_15 variable is undefined ?

thanks

ps, I have downloaded the tables from this site again but the error is still showing. I have uninstalled all of VP and started from scratch including deleting the VP files in the registry

fourbanks
                                      Participant
                                        @fourbanks

i can confirm the rom is correct as it passes the test in the setup paths. i can’t think of anything else to check as the table the past few months have been fine

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint

Delete nvram?

fourbanks
                                          Participant
                                            @fourbanks

Delete nvram?

i don’t have any file cyclone or rom related in the nvram folder? or do you mean delete all of the contents of that folder?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?