dB2s Golden Cue (Sega 1998)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=174173

this is a static backglass table

If you want an active backglass load the table

right click and enable Fantasy mode to activate

custom Flashers

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

Are you building this table @32assassin?

32assassin
        Participant
          @32assassin

I been rebuilding dB2s files lately

I decided to rebuilt all my Sega, Capcom and Stern static backglass dB2s files like this (GI lights with fantasy flashers)

if I had the PF and plastic scans I could probably build this table in less then a week.

the primitives for this table can probably be pulled from Sharkeys (see my sig  I already have them)

When the VPX table is done I can throw in a finished color project.

and just in case anyone is wondering

It usually takes 100s of hours  to complete a project (not that it took me 100s to complete this project; I spent less then 10)

Why would I spend all this time on a table I will probably never have in VPX.

their are many people who want to build tables and they want to start with the latest Stern tables or their favorite

tables and they hit a wall because of the complexity of the table.

its the same for the PIN2DMD editor

I looked for the tables that had a very basic DMD set of animations. So that I could learn how to use the PIN2DMD editor.

once you figure out how Keyframes and  how masks work.   You can   do more complex   DMD animations.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

what are you missing from sharkeys shootout?  Do you have Fren’s version.  If I remember right he sent it to me with the permission to finish or mod it.  I would have to double check but it does have plastics if you need them

32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

Need plastic and apron/plunger scans,    this is a complete rebuild from the ground up

I did not use any resources from Frens table as the plastics / PF are very pixelated.

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Thanks for the incredible amount of time you devote to this community!

ALDiode
                Participant
                  @aldiode

@32assassin

I found this playfield for sale online a while ago and saved the picture. Would this help?

AL

Attachments:
                  2 users thanked author for this post.
                  Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

Hot damn, cant get any better than that.  I would say finding the plastics are gonna be tough unless they are the same as sharkeys shootout.  I will post a few inquiries on pinside and see what we come up with

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    32assassin
                    Participant
                      @32assassin

I figured all the real machines would be in a museum or at some Sega or Stern storage

even tough their are only 12 in existence they are not special

you can get one right now for $4K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stern-Sega-Golden-Cue-Pinball-Machine-Rare-1-of-12-Prototype-Mint-Home-Use-/153142564057

if you can get detailed pics and pics of the service manual ,  please do

I pretty much have the table built,  but I reshaped the Lock ball  walls based on the PF and not what was done on the VP8 version.

I’m assuming that the locked ball is kicked into the plunger, and not back down  to the single drop target

I just need the Sega Bubble StandUp targets and detailed pics of the eight ball

Capture

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      BeachBumTN
                      Participant
                        @beachbumtn

This would be great, I actually enjoy playing Golden Cue.  Thanks 32assassin and also to ALDiode and Tom for the input.  A color DMD to go along with it as well? SUPERB

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?