Decal + Logo mode washes out ball color

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Muhammedwally
    Participant
      @muhammedwally

I have been making some themed decals for some tables. All is well except the VERY annoying milky white sheen that appears when using a ball decal. On Hauntfreak’s Rat Fink table, the eye ball ball is not washed out, and neither are my decals when loaded in his table. I’ve tried applying the same settings as the rat fink table to other tables without success. The milky sheen persists. Any suggestions from the wiser ones here are very welcome as I’ve allready started pulling out my hair! Attached is an example of one of the decals I’ve made in case it is to blame.

cyberpez
      Participant
        @cyberpez

Try using a dark ball image with your logo.  Take a look at my Haunted House or Funhouse.  Both use the same dark ball as a base for the marbled ball mods.

Muhammedwally
        Participant
          @muhammedwally

I forgot to mention I use a solid black square 64×64 pixels, 24 bit depth for ball image when using a ball decal. Haunted House has never given me a ball to shoot, however, Fun House works great! Very FUN by the way.  I selected the marbled ball through the startup menu and got the same washed out results. Then I restored Vpinball video defaults with no changes. By changing or not using an environment emission image helps with some tables but the Funhouse marbled balls are so washed out for me, correctly identifying the primary culprit remains beyond my ability/detection so far. Am I correct in assuming this was not an issue for creators/modders of Funhouse? If so, that would imply a video card setting/option that affects vp’s handling of materials. Since the opaque sheen’s intensity is different among tables with identical settings. Can the ball be changed the way materials’ properties can in the material manager? So many questions :scratch:

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Adding pictures does really help when you describe something that you’re seeing. ;-)

Muhammedwally
            Participant
              @muhammedwally

2 of the 6 balls/tables sampled were noticeably affected by a shiny Environment Emission Image which when removed, gave some clarity to the ball. Other tables like Excalibur, remain clouded despite changes in the settings I have displayed. Is there another option that applies shininess in a way as to affect the ball?

Muhammedwally
              Participant
                @muhammedwally

OK, had to zip the pics, would explain why they weren’t uploading

Attachments:
                cyberpez
                Participant
                  @cyberpez

Sorry for the bad screenshot, I’m traveling and stuck on my tablet.  (also don’t have access to all my building files….

This is what the ball should look like in funhouse.   Recent beta it was broke (but fixed now)

marbledball

Took a long time to get the combo right, but I’ve had good luck with this ball image, and a decal.  The ball image is one of JP’s just darkened a bunch.  Also attached is an example of the marbled image.  Some colors may still looked washed out (yellows/greens are hard to get right) but for the most part these should work.

Chrome_ball_29-2FunhouseBall1

Muhammedwally
                  Participant
                    @muhammedwally

I an getting very familiar with that “long time”. I will keep digging ’till I find my culprit(s).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?