DIMMU BORGIR (Mod by Zedixair 2019)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Zedixair
    Participant
      @zedixair

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/dimmu-borgir-mod-by-zedixair-2019/

It’s time…

I can now share my modest work on a table.

And since I have to start with something not too complicated, it’s a Mod of the Iron Maiden table (the band), which was itself a Firepower mod.

So of course, all the credit goes to all the previous authors and people who worked on these tables, and who accept mods. Thank you all.

Special thanks to Mussinger, who helped me debugging a few things and who has been a man of good advices.

Everything started from the following sentence:

“if you want to play at a table, do not wait for someone to create it for you, but do it yourself”.

Although I knew absolutely nothing about doing this, I said “OK, let’s go”, and here is the result:

the DIMMU BORGIR table.

DIMMU BORGIR is a Norwegian metal band that exists for more than 25 years, and their style is often described as Symphonic Black Metal, because they use a lot of choirs, keyboards, and symphonic or philharmonic orchestras.

The name of the band comes from a volcanic region of Iceland, Dimmuborgir (in one word), which means “dark castles”, because of the ghostly forms of volcanic formations that evoke ruins.

As it’s a european band, please note that the pronounciations used in the table are at the european way (for instance, “U” is pronounced “uh”, not “you”).

Of course, it’s an “extreme” imagery, and this music is not very “mainstream”, so I am aware that my work will not please many people, but I really hope there will have at least one person that will appreciate this table as much as me.

I had a lot of fun doing it, working on visuals in Photoshop, recording voices and effects, selecting songs from different albums, changing lights and colors…

It’s a lot of work, but it’s very interesting.

In short, be indulgent with my first try !

In the dowloadable file, you’ll find the table, the backglass (with animated lights), the rom, the music folder, and an image wheel.

Now my favorite band has got a VPX table…

7 users thanked author for this post.
      -RpT
      Participant
        @rpt

Awesome – love the band, saw them headlining a bloodstock festival one year and it was the greatest vision of heavy metal i have ever seen – entire band in full costume with fire shooting 10ft from the stage!

Hopefully some tracks from the album “puritanical euphoric misanthropia” in here ;)

\m/

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Zedixair
        Participant
          @zedixair

@RpT : glad to see some Dimmu fans are here ! Hope you’ll like the table and the selected songs…

I tried to use songs from the differents albums, 14 songs total.

Mussinger
          Participant
            @mussinger

Hey man !!    :good:   You finaly finished it and published here !!! I’m glad to see that , and thanks for your words my fried ;)

Tonight I gonna try this   !!!!  :yes:

Zedixair
            Participant
              @zedixair

Thanks to you @Mussinger.

I’m waiting for your next table, because I know it’ll be a cool one !  :good:

Badazzwi
              Participant
                @badazzwi

Pretty sure I saw these guys at ozzfest one year but then again those years are a kind of a blur. Table looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Siggi
                Participant
                  @siggi

Thank you, Zedixair

it’s not realy my kind of music but i love your mod. :good:

Seems my Iron Maiden mod had inspired a lot of people to do there own greations.

I’m a little bit touched. ;-)

It’s a little bit like the “Music Table” back in the old times.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  Mussinger
                  Participant
                    @mussinger

Siggi !!! ;) You opened our eyes

And I realy have to control my self to don’t use aaaagain the same table to do an other Mod for an other band ! Hahahaah

But Have to say that you made a great choice with modding Firepower, is an excelent base.  :heart:

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

This is great.  If I ever attempt a build, these tables will be my inspiration.  John Denver Fallout 76!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      Zedixair
                      Participant
                        @zedixair

@Siggi: I love all kinds of metal bands, because I always listened to this music since I was young… now more than 35 years ago.

I know all the old metal classics, but I have evolved (like metal) and now prefer things like black metal, deathcore…

But I still listen older things that are still good to my ears.  :yes:

Siggi
                        Participant
                          @siggi

I’m a metal fan too, as you can see on the tables i moded but i’m a bit older.

Over 50 :cry:

So when it comes to music i’m pretty much stucked in the 80th.

Lefabulleux
                          Participant
                            @lefabulleux

OMG! Great job here! Are you french? There are not so many people listening to that kind of music and fan of Kawasaki, maybe i know you.

Zedixair
                            Participant
                              @zedixair

@Lefabulleux : eh oui, je suis français, j’habite à Montbrison dans la Loire.

Je suis un fan de métal depuis ma lointaine adolescence, et effectivement aussi un motard possesseur de Kawa…

N’hésite pas à m’envoyer un mp, et si tu es dans le coin, on pourra peut-être se faire un petit flip ensemble un de ces jours, qui sait ?

@Lefabulleux
                              : yes, I’m french, from Montbrison (Loire).

I’m a metal fan since I was a kid (long time ago), and as my pseudo let it guess, I have a Kawa motorbike…

Feel free to pm me, if you’re not far from my home, maybe we can do a pinball game together, who knows ?

Luis
                              Participant
                                @navegante

Graciaz la probare salud :good: os..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?