Displaying table info with Popper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    IndianaJones
    Participant
      @indianajones

Hello there

I would like to show some table information on my popper menu when I browse through my tables. I would like to see the year and other facts about the table, wikipedia style. I would like to edit this information easily with some editor. I haven’t found anything in the games manager. Is this achievable?

Thanks for your help

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=game_import_setup

1 user thanked author for this post.
        IndianaJones
        Participant
          @indianajones

So, you have to import this for every game separately? Isn’t there an import for updating all games at once? Also, once you imported the table data, how can you display that information with popper when selecting the game? Thanks for your help :)

IndianaJones
          Participant
            @indianajones

So, you have to import this for every game separately? Isn’t there an import for updating all games at once? Also, once you imported the table data, how can you display that information with popper when selecting the game? Thanks for your help :)

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Updating YOUR games needs to be done on a table by table basis for VPX / FP tables because your table filename,etc may be different. The spreadsheet already has the info entered for each field, so you only need to download the CSV once… or use the new Web Lookup. Then search your table, and choose what you want from the list….rename your files if your want,etc.

There IS a method to export GRID to Json File (Right-click your Game List)… but that is meant for something like FX3 that always uses the same filename for th games…so you can export a complete Games Database, and then reimport that to another machine. This can be used for other systems…but again, all table filenames must match exactly.

Watch this video to see a display on how that info can be used and displayed.

If you have a T-ARC theme installed…you can display LOTS of that info. Watch my video here to see it.

Nailbuster and I kept harping for the community to come to a naming standard, so we could avoid doing this the hard way…. but everyone wants to name their files their own way, and they get in a big tizzy if they can’t have things their way.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              IndianaJones
              Participant
                @indianajones

Thank you Terry. You guys did a great job with your tools and are always very helpful. It makes the common people’s life, like me, so much easier :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?