DMDEXT with VNI help needed (normal monitor)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

Hello all.
      Having not had a visual pinball table for a few months I have started converting yet another Ultrapin (I like the size to be honest!)
      What really pricked up my ears when looking over the forums for the last few months was using DMDEXT to get pin2dmd vni files to work.  Thus making colouration on old Bally/Williams tables better.
      So – having got everything installed, I then upgraded to freezys v1.7.3, the latest VPX 10.6 beta and the latest VPINMAME file.
      I copied both the pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.vni files into my altcolor/afm113b folder and it did not work.
      However – I pressed f1, and went into my pinmame settings just to check I had everything set right (and I did).
      So I hit f3 again – and the colorisation started working.
      I played a game and was very impressed.
      I then wanted to show the wife how good it looked.  Went to fetch her and restarted VPX and opened up the table, and it was just displaying in normal red…..
      Having now hit f3 a few times it starts again…..
      Sometimes I have to hit f3 probably 20 times to get the colorisation to work.

I do not have any ‘stray’ files.

I did notice in the config settings, if the pin2dmd display is set working it has a delay after setting palettes….  I have tried my config with the pin2dmd activated and non activated.

Using a widescreen 14.9 inch for dmd, 28 inch backbox, 32 inch PF.  Thru a 1050ti.

Anyone suggest anything?

Thanks – Phil.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Hmmm. for normal LCD users…the VNI was broken in 1.7.2….and I just tried 1.7.3 (which still is linked as 1.7.2), and it still isn’t working for me. 1.7.1 works fine for me though.

Phil Docker
        Participant
          @dock

Thanks Terry – time to down grade then and try that.  Weird it works every so often!
          Cheers.
          Phil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?