DOF (and DOFLinx) Powered Translite Wall Art

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Erasmuz
    Participant
      @erasmuz

I’ve had some translites sitting around waiting for me to build light boxes for when I found out about DOF’s support for ArtNet.  So I got some ESP32 wifi microcontrollers to be the brains for a pretty light show, and had DOF send lighting patterns to them when events happened.  Here’s the results…

(NOTE: since this was filmed I changed the code a bit so they are more interactive.  The main color is now undercab lighting similar to the vidoe, and when any flashers go off certain parts of the translite will flash along with the flashers to make them even cooler and more immersive)

(I tried to insert an embedded youtube video here, but for some reason I can’t, so here’s a link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLYQZRPGVI

I’m willing to do a write-up on this and share the microcontroller code as well. AND I want to thank the person who created something similar using 3d printed pop-bumpers (I would love to give a name and credit, but I can’t seem to find the post anywhere :( ) because I ran into an  issue getting the cabinet.xml file correctly configured and after hours of digging came across his post which pointed out the configuration pieces I was missing and got the whole thing running.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?