DOF and LedWiz, VP, FP, and addressable LEDS questions!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    larsdav
    Participant
      @larsdav

Hey guys, good stuff here.  I have a question, did you guys end up going with the 1M row of 144 LED strips on the sides?  The length is coming up short of the full 43″ I would like to have.  Did you cut and bond another 5″ or so per strip?  I am contemplating just going with the 60 LED strips so I can fully cover the side rails…

Also, Terry has an awesome build on the back of his field using 6 rows of 144 LEDS.  I am going to try the 8×32 LED flex panels (2 bonded together – to make is 24″ wide).  Has anybody here tried that?  If so, how did it work out?  And did you still include the 5 LED play field back lights so you have eye candy with all the emulators?

Thanks in advanced!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Yes on the sides you will need to add length just butt them together and a drop of solder on each point. My back matrix is 9 rows of 144 so the more you can pack in the matrix the better it will look not sure about the panels but I think other people have used them and work ok

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

The 144 looks much nicer, that’s what I went with… I do not know if they sell longer than 144, you may end up just having to soldered together…

Here is my set up because mine was only 20 1/2 wide

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38892&p=391732

larsdav
          Participant
            @larsdav

Thanks guys.  I figured that’s what you guys did – solder them together.  I will go that route as well.  R&R – I am designing a DMD build as well, using individual LED panels and a driver board (looks like raspberry PI is winning out on the driver side).   I am still adding it all up to see if it’s cost effective versus just buying one.  I am thinking it is going to be.  I know you mentioned something about that earlier in this thread (I know, it was a while ago!  Reviving and old thread here!).  If it succeeds I will build a ‘how to’ post for anybody else who wants to beat their head against a wall rather than buy one!

darklink1987
            Participant
              @darklink1987-2

do you know if this work with teensy 3.6 and SmartLED Shield (V4)

mon72
              Participant
                @mon72

I have in my cabinet setup 1 playfield strip L and R and also LEDs for the Speakers… (Left and Right )

For my speakers to light up in the color of the game how would I do that?  Direct output tool seems the way to go but how?

I have the playfield on channel 1 and 2, the speakers on channel 3 and 4.  Im using a teensy 3.2 and an Octo board.

BR
                Mon72

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?