DOF in PinUP Menu?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    coreduo0099
    Participant
      @coreduo0099

Hi, I must be missing a step to get my flipper DOF going as I scroll through tables.

I did the following:

-edited PuPMenuScript.pup  (var useDOF = true; )

-edited DOFconfig and set my flippers to E101/S1/W1 and E102/S2/W2 just to try and cover bases

(in old EM tables E101 and E102 are my left/right flippers)

Is this correct?  Am I missing a step?

Thanks!

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Hi, I must be missing a step to get my flipper DOF going as I scroll through tables.

I did the following:

-edited PuPMenuScript.pup (var useDOF = true; )

-edited DOFconfig and set my flippers to E101/S1/W1 and E102/S2/W2 just to try and cover bases

(in old EM tables E101 and E102 are my left/right flippers)

Is this correct? Am I missing a step?

Thanks!

We didn’t set any “Flippers” for solenoids with Popper in DOF…only flippers for SSF. The vast majority of users hated having the solenoids go off each time you hit the flipper button when browsing. (I certainly did).

If you still want to add the flipper solenoids for yourself in DOF Config Tool though, they are E800 for Game Prior, and E801 for Game Next.

coreduo0099
        Participant
          @coreduo0099

Thanks Terry,

I think I set left to E800 and right flip to E801 in dofconfig tool and updated my local files.  Still no luck.

Maybe something else is going on though.  I’m assuming I should be getting undercab and flashers consistently.  I occasionally get an undercab momentary flash that is not tied to my button presses, but that’s it.

Checked Directoutput config tester and set rom to pinupmenu and I can manually see all the purple lights and actions I think I should be getting from Pinup Menu, so I’m thinking it has to be something in the pinup settings/software (I’m on 1.34)

is there anything beyond editing PuPMenuScript.pup (var useDOF = true; )  that I need to look at or that could be interfering with DOF functionality?

I set the two default SSF triggers to active just in case but no luck.

coreduo0099
          Participant
            @coreduo0099

Figured it out…  I remember seeing a comment to install on C drive.  Well DOF does not work if you install on another drive.

I created a symbolic link from C:\PinUPSystem to E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\Tables\PinUpPlayer and dof started working.

I really don’t understand why this specific path is hard coded/required.

Should the undercab flash rapidly?  Any other gotchas folks know about by not having it on the C drive?

(my backup software backs up my pinball directory on E, so I like to keep everything there, well except PROC, which refuses to work on anything but C as well…..)

Thanks again.. Bedtime…

TerryRed
              @terryred

Undercab should only flash briefly when you scroll to next game…. however I find that if you are in Record mode, than DOF goes all wacky and the undercab RGB starts flashing during gameplay.

coreduo0099
              Participant
                @coreduo0099

Wacky.. powered up to do more tinkering and DOF is gone again.. bizzarre..

coreduo0099
                Participant
                  @coreduo0099

Figured it out by accident today…

launching pinupmenu from this path does not work:

E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\Tables\PinUpPlayer

But it does from this path:

E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\Tables\PINUPP~1

Wierd that legacy dos naming make the difference but it seems to.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Figured it out by accident today…

launching pinupmenu from this path does not work:

E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\Tables\PinUpPlayer

But it does from this path:

E:\Emulator\Pinball_emu\Tables\PINUPP~1

Wierd that legacy dos naming make the difference but it seems to.

Anytime you install something into strange or non-default locations….you will run into oddball stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?