DOF in Popper and PinEvent

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rich
    Participant
      @sushko

Hi Guys

I had to resort to this weird setup to get everything working in my Cab. This was the only way to get DOF in Popper and PinEvent. I have all files running without admin and am just worried this is going to cause problems down the road. At this point everything is working but I have seen some stuff get stuck on like DMD not closing. I was wondering if there is anyway to fix this right. This is the setup I am taking about. Thanks for your help and awesome software.

Page Link

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

“Are the people who are having the DOF + Admin mode problem running with UAC turned off?

If so, that might be the whole issue. Turning off UAC prevents Windows from being able to elevate processes in certain cases. You might be *thinking* that you’re running RegisterComObject in Admin mode, but not *actually* running in Admin mode, because of the absence of UAC. Everyone thinks that turning off UAC just shuts off some prompts, but it actually shuts down the whole system service that allows the desktop shell to elevate selected processes.”

I tried turning UAC back on (control panel, system and security, change user account control settings, slid control up from the bottom to the next setting up – “notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)”

Then I REBOOTED. And I once again have lights in PinUp menu! Hope this sticks and keeps working!

I have all exe’s running non-admin now. I am running on Windows 7 enterprise. Your mileage may vary, but hope this helps…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?