DOF MX Led and Future pinball problems

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Shamous
    Participant
      @shamous

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can give me a hand in solving a problem. (Terry Red) hint hint.  I am having issues with my MX led setup for future pinball. I will focus on one table currently but it is all of my future pinball tables with MX LEDs. Star Wars DSA ultimate 1.04 DOFlinx 1.1 is there one will deal with now. I cannot get left, right and back matrix to display all of the effects that Terry had added to that table. It’ll seems like my flashers and my matrix are flip-flopped somehow. The way I know this is that during the attract mode when I light the light sabers my LED flashers in my speaker holes light up instead of my left and right matrix. I don’t know how this is possible because my speaker holes do not have addressable LED’s assigned to them using my teensy my flashers go through my LED wiz   I have tried many different configurations in the DOF config tool. Thinking it was my combos. But the only thing I’ve noticed that makes a difference is if I disable Auto MX in my Doflinx ini. When I do that I get nothing on any of my matrixes. I’ve updated bam and future pinball and DOFlinx just to make sure,  and I have played around with many things including my cabinet XML my teensy strip controller and multiple other things.  It used to work fine and I have no idea what changed it. Any help would be appreciated I’m going to try to post a video Of what it’s doing maybe that will help. My matrix and everything else works fine in VPX pinball FX3 and all of my PUP tables  I am running pinup systems but all of my testing I’m doing outside of that using FP loader

I guess I can’t post the video I am Not sure how to post a video here I’ve posted pictures before but not videos

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Do the addressable LED’s Lights work correct in visual pinball

Shamous
        Participant
          @shamous

Yes they work great in everything but future pinball tables with doflinx mx

outhere
            @outhere

The best I can tell DOFLinx 7.xx or higher the addressable LED’s do not Work…

If I go back to 6.84 They work

@DDH69
            is looking into it

Shamous
            Participant
              @shamous

Thanks outhere. I was at 6.84 before the holidays but I haven’t touched my cabinet since Thanksgiving (just too busy)and the first thing I did after turning it on was to update windows and then update DOFlinx so my fx3 would work. I just did that last week. It didn’t even dawn on me to think it was the DOFlinx update. I will check into it when I get home from work tonight.  I might start keeping a log of any updates I do and when I do them so I can look back on it for problem solving

Shamous
              Participant
                @shamous

Will I be able to just roll back just the exe. or do I need to rollback other things as well because of big changes from 6.84 to 7.02

outhere
                  @outhere

Just exe

Shamous
                  Participant
                    @shamous

Thanks I’ll test later and let ya know

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

I haven’t checked mine yet….but you ALWAYS update all the doflinx files…as there are more than just the EXE now.

You also must be sure you have the doflinx.vbs file in your FuturePinball \ scripts folder. This file gets updated as well, so be sure you are using the correct version that was included with the version of DOFLinx you are using.

Shamous
                      Participant
                        @shamous

OK I tested by rolling back everything to 6.84. And everything works again. So just to doublecheck I update it to 7.02 and it stopped working I made sure the VBS file was put in my scripts folder each time I changed it I tried it three different times with the same results I did notice th at when I was running debug when I first start Doflinx using 6.84 there is a lot more stuff starting and loading then there is when starting 7.02 if needed  I will try to post a log with each of them just after starting. Thanks for the help guys at least I know I’m not going crazy I like being able to find out that there actually is a problem rather than not knowing what happened

outhere
                          @outhere

@DDH69 is in the process of releasing a new update now

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          DDH69
                          Participant
                            @ddh69

@DDH69 is in the process of releasing a new update now

And done :-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Shamous
                            Participant
                              @shamous

Awesome. You guys are top notch!  If only the rest of the world took as much pride in the things they do there would be a lot fewer problems.

thanks for all your hard work and dedication. I’ll update first thing in the morning

outhere
                                @outhere

In the morning make sure you thank –> @DDH69

Shamous
                                Participant
                                  @shamous

Hey Outhere   Of course I want to thank him. But I’m not quite sure how to do that properly. I know that sounds weird but this is the only forum I’ve ever posted in and I’ve only posted here a few times I don’t get into social media a whole lot I don’t even have Facebook so when you say to make sure I think him could you explain how to do that properly.
                                  sorry for my ignorance :scratch:

Shamous
                                  Participant
                                    @shamous

I just updated to 7.03  and all is well :yahoo:  Let the light show commence!!

Thanks again DDH69 for your awesome work and Outhere for the help  and thank you Terry for the awesome additions to this table.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?