DOF with PinballX

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DeathInc
    Participant
      @deathincclan

I am pulling my hair out and I could use some assistance.  I am working on my 2nd cab and I am trying to get DOF working with pinballX,  It is the 32bit version of PinballX.

It works when I don’t run it as administrator.  But then my PinballX looses “Focus”.  Some of the buttons won’t work while in a table or the menu until I alt-Tab to the pinballX window.

It will not work when I run as administrator.  But my pinballx does not lose “Focus”.  All of my buttons work fine while in a table or the menu.

Nothing is blocked.  DirectOutput, pinballX,Visual Pinball, and PuP directories are added as exceptions in my virus program.

I just can’t figure it out.  Please save my hair???

DeathInc

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It is probably something in the pbx’ ini file. But, what, I don’t remember.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        DeathInc
        Participant
          @deathincclan

So, don’t run as admin and the fix is inside of the pbx.ini.

I will keep plugging away.  Thank you for your help.

DeathInc
          Participant
            @deathincclan

Ok, I think I have it fixed.  For now.

Here is what I found out.  At least in the Pinscape Guide. “Should I use “Run as Administrator” for everything?  The simple answer is No. You might find advice in the forums or FAQs or other guides saying that you should routinely run everything in Admin Mode. My advice is to ignore that other advice, because it’s usually outdated or misinformed.”

So I went with that theory.  Turned Admin mode off in PBX,  VPX,  PinMame,  and Pinball FX3.  And everything seems to be working cool.  It may stop working, but right now everything works.

I know that when it comes to major stuff, like registering certain things, that I must use run as Admin.  Wish me luck.

I hope this helps someone else.

DeathInc

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

yes,  as of today (with latest doflinx) you shouldn’t need to run anything as ‘admin’.  There’s no need and it will cause more headaches than is needed.

it was required before but now with latest stuffs its all good.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?