DOFlinx and BAM permissions issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scampa123
    Participant
      @scampa123

Hi everyone,

I’ve been struggling with Future Pinball a bit in a variety of ways.

One thing I notice is that FP will have a Windows error due to access issues.  I am not launching DOFLinx as admin.

I also notice some tables won’t work right unless I run FPLoader as admin.  I don’t want to do that Id possible.

could something else be running as admin that DOFLinx interacts with?  My UAC is turned off.  I noticed sone posts saying up UAC to 2 but everything is currently working except this so I’m unsure of what to do.

any help would be appreciated, thank you

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Hi everyone,
        I’ve been struggling with Future Pinball a bit in a variety of ways.
        One thing I notice is that FP will have a Windows error due to access issues. I am not launching DOFLinx as admin.
        I also notice some tables won’t work right unless I run FPLoader as admin. I don’t want to do that Id possible.
        could something else be running as admin that DOFLinx interacts with? My UAC is turned off. I noticed sone posts saying up UAC to 2 but everything is currently working except this so I’m unsure of what to do.
        any help would be appreciated, thank you

Set your UAC at level 2 and if you have something is set as admin it will ask you to approve it then go to that program and turn admin off
        I do not run any program as admin

1 user thanked author for this post.
        scampa123
        Participant
          @scampa123

@outhere After doing that, should I revert my UAC back to off?  Or leave it (unless I encounter other issues)?

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

@outhere After doing that, should I revert my UAC back to off? Or leave it (unless I encounter other issues)?

I have mine set at level 2 all the time

1 user thanked author for this post.
            scampa123
            Participant
              @scampa123

MS must have turned Real Time protection back on so I turned that off.  I did turn up my UAC as well.

I’m running into an issue when trying to run some of the FP Pinevent tables (I assume its just these but not 100%) where I get an exception which appears to result from DOFLinx.  I’ve included the images of that.

I also included my launch and close scripts which I believe are almost verbatim from @terryreds guides.

I included my DOFLinx log file as well.

Could someone recommend how to resolve this?  I think I’m very close now to getting FP to run properly!!

Thank you!

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

As for DOFLinx… make sure you have it not running while trying these FP tables if you are getting crashes with it. If you are using the “HOLD ACTIVATION” command, that will cause crashes so it’s not to be used anymore. There are newer commands you can use (detailed in the PinEvent Install Guide).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?