DOFLinx Coding Contest

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Major Frenchy
    Participant
      @steph

DOFLINX w

We are glad  to announce a brand new contest from the  Virtual Pinball Discord group . A lot of us are loving Future Pinball and being able to play with force feedback is a real treat.        

We  decided to put together a contest ( well it will be a draw ) for people who want to mod a future pinball table of their choice by adding DOFLinx effects to it.

Why are we doing this? Well , We know a lot of you are stuck at home and Modding a Future Pinball Table  ( Force feedback and LED ) can be learned fairly quickly. There is nothing more rewarding than coding a table and sharing it with the world.

In order to attract even more people to the idea, we decided to chip in and donate a few things that we had kicking around.

– 5 Led flashbar kit

– A Power management board ( Quatro )

– 2X Pinscape Kl25z expansion board ( Board only )

– 2X Pinscape Power expansion board  ( Board only )

The contest will be running until the end of April. I  never modded a Future Pinball table and I was able to learn by watching Terry’s Series on how to code Future Pinball.

All the extra information is here : https://mameinabox.com/doflinx-contest

Happy Coding

Major Frenchy

https://discord.gg/Q8Pvf96 

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

There is several vpx tables that really need dof added still… lots of loserman tables need dof as example

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Major Frenchy
        Participant
          @steph

Maybe we can start a promotional campaign at some point to show people and attract more DOF coders as well.

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

Randr can offer R&R mousepads for the winning vpx table! I saw one one time and I need one

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I got 1000’s of R&R mousepads, pens, usb dongles, can openers, shirts you name it I got it lol

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

I got 1000’s of R&R mousepads, pens, usb dongles, can openers, shirts you name it I got it lol

I still have my MUG, Hat and 3 shirts!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

@terryred but do you have R&R stuff?

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                    @terryred

@terryred but do you have R&R stuff?

….lol…. oh yah. I was talking about VPinball stuff.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

I’d like to give a heads up on what is already in progress for DOF updates for FP tables from myself.

I actually have been busy doing DOF and MX Leds updates for new FP tables….. but I now do DOF and MX Led updates for FP using my new PinEvent standard I made for myself (which doesn’t use DOFLinx).

I already have:

RetroFlair BAM Edition

Halloween Ultimate Pro

Jaws Ultimate Pro

…completely done and updated for a full DOF and MX Led update (as well as PUPDMD, SSF, and PuP-Packs).  Jaws I’m just doing some testing, then the DOF Config will be uploaded.

I’m in the process of finalizing PinEvent and these tables for a full release very soon!

These tables below also are already a WIP progress by me for DOF and MX Leds. I already had my own previous DOF updates for some of them for the Ultimate tables… so now I’m just updating them for the Ultimate Pro tables with new effects as well.

Nightmare On Elm Street ULTIMATE Pro 1.03

Robocop ULTIMATE Pro 1.03

Jurassic Park ULTIMATE Pro 1.05

Iron Man ULTIMATE Pro 1.04

Star Trek (Stern) ULTIMATE Pro 1.06

F-14 Tomcat ULTIMATE Pro 1.01

Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 I already have mostly done for DOF and MX Leds as well. Once I’m done with the current PinEvent tables this will be next.

NOTE: I asked Arngrim to add these tables to DOF Config Tool for myself as I was already in progress to add DOF support to them.

Also… SLAMT1LT updates his tables A LOT. So it’s probably best to do other tables, unless you like having to redo your work over and over again :)

PLEASE NOTE… VERY IMPORTANT:

If you are updating a table for DOFLinx for standard DOF (no addressable leds), then you don’t need to use DOF Config Tool at all which means that anyone can update any table without concern of duplication of work, as long as its only DOF. (This is one of the great features of DOFLinx)

However…for addressable leds and DOFLinx… you need to use DOF Config Tool. This can present a problem if there are more than one person doing an update for the same table, as you can’t have multiple configs per table on DOF Config Tool :(

If someone else does a DOFLinx update for addressable leds for one of the above tables…and then I go to upload my complete DOF and addressable led update for my PinEvent update to those tables… then there’s a problem there as I would need to replace their update. Also, if I uploaded one of my configs for those tables…and then someone uploads their config and it gets replaced…. I won’t be a happy person either. :(

I’m not trying to discourage anyone from updating tables for DOFLinx or this contest! (I think it’s great)

I just wanted to make it known what I have been already working on!

Just please note the above tables are already in progress by myself…. so please don’t upload anything for them to DOF Config Tool.

Thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?