error log in VPX and PinupMenu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    legin
    Participant
      @legin

Hi All

Is there a log file for VPX, VPM and/or Pinup Menu?  I want to check it after I get a table crash.

This is not a problem that has happened from the start.  I have had VPX and popper running flawlessly for quite a number of months.

I am trying to figure out why I get very random crashing of VPX.  (Well I seem to think it is VPX)

I can be playing for days, hours or only minutes and VPX crashes.  It doesn’t seem to matter if I run the table through VPX directly with no front end, through my front end (Pinup) or if the table has a Pup-pack or not.  Today it crashed only once whilst playing Monster Bash 2.0 after approx 3 hours of play using both Pinup and running directly through VPX.  In this instance I was using my frontend.  During this session I played 8 other tables trouble free.  It really pissed me off today as I had all monsters and their challnges completed and I was up for Monsters of rock.  I also had 538M on the board.

When it crashes the table freezes and then after about 5 seconds the table closes.  The VPX window will close if I am running through VPX only.  The desktop will show if I am running popper.  When I push table exit button popper front end will come back and I can start another table.

I have checked my settings countless times and cant find anything wrong.

Pinup Popper. 1.41

VPX 10.6

Sam build 3.2 version R4689

Ryzen5 2600

GTX1060

8GB Ram – could maybe do with some more?

Windows 10 home 64bit

Video settings same as Virtual Pinball Junkies FAQ, checked today including video card settings

Direct draw on ALL tables = 0

Exclusive full screen on all tables.

I could maybe try updating VPinMame as there is a new version.  I could also try updating Popper to 1.42

Thoughts?

VPX and popper Logs?

LynnInDenver
      Participant
        @lynnindenver

VPX does put a crash.dmp file in the Tables folder. There is also a crash.txt there.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?