Escape from New York

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    ktmspark
    Participant
      @ktmspark

hi table looks much better than old one , im still getting the spy hunter music ? is there a way to stop this?

Shannon
      Participant
        @shannon1

Are you talking about the sounds on the table? If so I will upload a music folder with the sounds that I replaced.

force10wind
        Participant
          @force10wind

super update!

This is great! Thank you for sharing!

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Update?  I thought it was dead ;)

kriven
            Participant
              @kriven

Gréât job for a great movie !

just a question the rom steel send the sound / music from spy hunter when I check in the vpx sound manager I heard the great John carpenter thème but i miss something . Is there any setup in rom ? Or script ?

YES I AM IN

Shannon
              Participant
                @shannon1

When I first did the table, the theme music actually came from the script. Now it should come through Pinup topper, but not until about the 2min mark. Some criticism before was that the music was too loud and overpowered the table, so I tried to tone it down.

elvinu
                Participant
                  @elvinu

Since this table uses the same game rom as Spyhunter, I’ve having problems with my Spyhunter table: ie, Escape from NY pup videos appearing, wrong audio.

I tried duplicating the rom spyhuntr.zip and renaming the dup to spyhun.zip.  I then went into my Spyhunter table’s script and changed line 9 to the following so it would use this new rom name:

Const cGameName=”spyhun”,UseSolenoids=1,UseLamps=1,UseGI=0,SSolenoidOn=”SolOn”,SSolenoidOff=”SolOff”,SCoin=”coin”

However, I get the following error message:

Can’t start Gamespyhun Game name not found!

I’m guessing there’s another place where I need to set the new rom name but I’m not sure where that is.

Is there another way/easier way of separating the two tables?  Or is there one additional thing I need to do?

TIA

elvinu
                  Participant
                    @elvinu

Since this table uses the same game rom as Spyhunter,

Never mind.  I found the following file in Vpinmame:

VPMAlias.txt

I added:

spyhun,spyhuntr

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Shannon
                    Participant
                      @shannon1

I’m glad that you got it working. :good:

force10wind
                      Participant
                        @force10wind

kriven

once the table starts you can press F1 and uncheck “table sounds” and the spy hunter music will not play

Regards

Heinz

kriven
                        Participant
                          @kriven

Thanks for the. information but now there is no more sound …

i will deepdive a little bit

YES I AM IN

Loganchihuahua
                          Participant
                            @chihua07

Thank you so much for this table! It is very fun to play, but I can’t fully experience it yet.

I am wondering if anyone can shed light on my problem.  I would appreciate it. I have puppacks working on all the following tables.  Harry Potter, The surfing endless summer, stranger things.  All these tables have something in common. They were all designed to work primarily with a puppack.  My rig works great with them. Pupacks work great.

But on tables like this one, and Jurassic park. Tables that had a puppack added as a mod or something. I can’t get the puppack to display. It never kicks off or anything. Is there something is the script of the game I have to enable?  Does the freezy 1.71 dll need to be in another location other then vpinmame?   Am I missing an ini other than dmddevice ini to enable pupack???  Do I need to do a voodoo dance right before I click on the game?

Thank you for any advise.

Loganchihuaha

mrdremel
                            Participant
                              @mrdremel

The table runs great. The PUP pack also runs great. However, the puppack doesn’t ever close after quitting the table back to popper.

All other tables with PUPpacks close the pupplayer screens when quitting the table. This one does not.

Any ideas what is the cause of this? e.g. Harry Potter and the Leprechaun King close the puppack when quitting the table just fine.

I have no “EXIT” key attached to VPX, so it isn’t that. EXIT is being handled by Popper.

BlackPredator72
                              Participant
                                @blackpredator72

I’ve got all Pup-packs available working, but this one isn’t working for me.

When starting the game with directb2s not renamed I got this:

bg efny

and after renaming the b2s file, I’ve only got two black screens (backglass and topper).

Checked other pup tables to see if they’re still working and they are.

When I close the table I also see 3 screens that are not closing (not responding) on the taskbar:

bg efny 2

Shannon
                                Participant
                                  @shannon1

Delete the directB2s file. You do not need it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  BlackPredator72
                                  Participant
                                    @blackpredator72

Delete the directB2s file. You do not need it.

Yes, so simple, but it worked. :good:

All my other tables have renamed b2s files, like Attack from Mars.directb2s.puppack and then the tables are working, but apparently this one doesn’t.

Kibashira
                                    Participant
                                      @kibashira

Having 2 issues with this table and the PUP pack, which don’t seem to have been solved above:

• JC’s EFNY theme plays during attract mode fine but once table starts the Spyhunter music fires up; how can I turn this off?
                                      • PUP pack does not close on exit when using Popper front end (all other PUP enabled tables are fine and does not have this issue when running direct from emulator and quitting)

Thanks in advance.

Kibashira
                                      Participant
                                        @kibashira

Still can’t figure this one out. Tagging @shannon1 and @nailbuster in case they have ideas.

Shannon
                                        Participant
                                          @shannon1

Try  F1 and uncheck “table sounds”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Shannon.
                                          Defcon Norris
                                          Participant
                                            @defconnorris

Epic movie, thanks. I don’t understand the function of sound folder if the files are already loaded in sound manager. You could silence the rom (default) by adding the line:

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“sound”)=0

For the background song to play I had to add this line to the Script   (-1 = loop playback) :

PlaySound “Theme”, -1

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?