Evil Dead P-ROC DMD and Pinup Popper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Gwen
    Participant
      @gwen

I finally got around to installing Cactus Canyon Continued and the Evil Dead P-ROC tables yesterday.  CCC is working great mirroring the DMD to my Pin2DMD.  I have the .yaml files set up to put the DMD in front and Evil Dead works just fine when I run it directly from the VPX front end.  But when I launch it from pinup popper I just cannot get the DMD to open in front of the B2S display.  Of course I can alt-tab to it and everything works fine but this just bugs me.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Gwen
      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Gwen
      Participant
        @gwen

OK, nevermind this.  I can solve it by mirroring to a virtual dmd. :bye:

Gwen

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

See here — Cactus Canyon Continued to Pin2DMD
          http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3966-new-vp10-alert-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998/?do=findComment&comment=43212

outhere
            @outhere

Are you using this version of the backglass server?

B2S New

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

Are you using this version of the backglass server?

B2S New

Yes I am now, thanks to you pointing it out.  I found that turning off the bg-form-to-front option solves my issue.

Thanks again :bye:

Gwen

DeathInc
              Participant
                @deathincclan

I have a quick question if you guys don’t mind. I have CCC installed and working fine. My question is, how much more is involved in getting Evil Dead up and running after that point? I have seen a few guides, but their always seems to be dead links to some steps. I would love to get it up and running. Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thank you

Gwen
                Participant
                  @gwen

Not much really.  Just copying a few files, running one command line instruction, and editing a .yaml file.

Gwen

Gwen
                  Participant
                    @gwen

Here are the instructions I used copied from the pack:

Put the Game and BackGlass in your Tables folder

Then Copy the EvilDead folder into your P-rock Games Folder on the C drive..
                    C:\P-ROC\games

Then Open Command Prompt window and type ( pip install requests ) hit enter

To fix the dmd
                    More than likely your DMD will not fill out the whole area but it is what it is…
                    Click on The Evil Dead Folder in your P-roc — C:\P-ROC\games\EvilDead
                    There should be a file call config.yaml – Open that — I use notepad
                    You can change the 3 lines marked with ( )

(desktop_dmd_scale:) 1 — 1 to 4- I use 2

dmd_framerate: 23.98
                    dmd_flip: 0
                    (screen_position_x:) 0 Change this number to locate the DMD
                    (screen_position_y:) 0 Change this number to locate the DMD

Gwen

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

I would love to see a video of the evil dead table.  I had CCC on my cab before I upgraded.  I am gonna put it back on when I get some time

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

Three screens – choice of scaling/sizing the score display (and maintaining the source aspect ratio) are limited. So, then you change your monitor resolution. I use 1152×864 (native resolution 1600×900).

Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

Here’s one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsX05qj2CMA

That’s not the included backglass but you can see what the table and dmd look like.

Gwen

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Tom
                          DeathInc
                          Participant
                            @deathincclan

Wow, that was easier then I thought. Everything out there makes you think it is not worth it or very difficult. But with a little help from my VPin friends. It literally took 10 minutes from start to finish. As long as you have CCC installed and working it is very easy. Thank you my VPin friends.

outhere
                              @outhere

It used to be more difficult

DeathInc
                              Participant
                                @deathincclan

You made it very easy my friend. You help everyone who asks. You know your shit. And you are one of the reasons this place is what it is.

Thank you.

Thank also to Gwen for her help.

scampa123
                                Participant
                                  @scampa123

Put the Game and BackGlass in your Tables folder Then Copy the EvilDead folder into your P-rock Games Folder on the C drive.. C:\P-ROC\games Then Open Command Prompt window and type ( pip install requests ) hit enter To fix the dmd More than likely your DMD will not fill out the whole area but it is what it is… Click on The Evil Dead Folder in your P-roc — C:\P-ROC\games\EvilDead There should be a file call config.yaml – Open that — I use notepad You can change the 3 lines marked with ( ) (desktop_dmd_scale:) 1 — 1 to 4- I use 2 dmd_framerate: 23.98 dmd_flip: 0 (screen_position_x:) 0 Change this number to locate the DMD (screen_position_y:) 0 Change this number to locate the DMD

Where can I get the Evil Dead folder, vpx and b2s?  I have CCC running, and would love to add this (assuming it won’t break my CCC install)… thank you

**EDIT** No need, I found what I need!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?