Failed to load DLL

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria

Hi Guys,

please someone can help out here, i am frustrated … had a HDD Crash, and with a small Backup and
      some Files from damaged HDD, now i have a fresh Win 10 SSD in my Cab, well .. all is working again.

Except the VPinSPA … you know what it is … and i don’t ask here for the Files, no i have it all.
      On my Cab, i always get the “Failed to load DLL” Error – over VPin Test – of Course also with VPX.

Yeah, and what the Hell – i tried it out on my Laptop #2, and … was working.
      But not on Cab … both are Win 10 64Bit … maybe there is a missing Install like .NET/C++, whatever … :unsure:

So please, someone had the “Failed to load DLL” – and could solve it / know how to solve ? :cry:

Oldschool4
      Participant
        @oldschool4

I had a similar issue solved it by setting ddraw to 0. Same operating sysytem also. .net 2010 and 2012?

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria

2010, 2012 installed, yes …

Oldschool4
          Participant
            @oldschool4

I check event veiwer in windows,said .net prob,but already installed,ddraw to 0 solved.reinstall,?double check.It something simple always.

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria

Can you quick explain, how to set “ddraw to 0” ? Very often read, but never needed … probably until now … :scratch:
              Reinstall what, VPinSPA ? Yes …
              Never used “Event Viewer” … ?

Thanks for your help :good:

Oldschool4
              Participant
                @oldschool4

Explained on this site,open up command prompt as administrator,navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\VisualPinmame\Spagb_100

Look for ddraw in list,if it is 1 change to 0.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Are you using force fullscreen then Stat ? Anyway – what he is talking about is almost explained completely here :

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – in this case the rom is of course the rom from the table and the setting on the right you want to double click and change is ddraw. But, I would be surprised to learn that this is the culprit. Give it a try, can’t hurt.

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria

Ah ok Regedit, ok … tried delete, and Restart “Rom”, and also with ddraw to 0,
                    no success, “Failed to load DLL” again …

Thalamus, Force Full – no, because all other Tables are fine, i bet also this one, exc. i can’t load VPin … …  :unsure:

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria

Live from Cab  :bye: …  :cry:

Failed

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria

VPin

Oldschool4
                        Participant
                          @oldschool4

I have C++ 2008 x64 -x86, 2010 x64 x86. 2012 x64 x86, 2013 x64 x86. Restart system. then reinstall dll. I think it only needs x86, but more wont hurt. :wacko:

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria

I also thinking about a missing _x86 Part …

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria

Got it ! Thanks to all here for your Help !

Especially a big thank you very much to @slippifishi , yes there was a missing _X86 Install, what i needed.

I only have the Black Bar, right to the DMD but with “Use external” i get the DMD only.

slippifishi
                              Participant
                                @slippifishi

Glad you got it working buddy, I was worried I might have problems if/when I ever format my cab :)

For the record, the original redist file posted in the original thread has the following properties:

redist

There is a copy of this file on the following google share, though beware this link will not last forever so get it while you can:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-CGYVTqru2N6IGAKbYK8ZAaleMTcXK82

:good:

6 users thanked author for this post.
                                Rehab
                                Participant
                                  @zheksone

Glad you got it working buddy, I was worried I might have problems if/when I ever format my cab :)

For the record, the original redist file posted in the original thread has the following properties:

redist

There is a copy of this file on the following google share, though beware this link will not last forever so get it while you can:

Hi, I also get the “Failed to load <path> SternGB.dll”-error. What was missing and how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Zheks

Zheks

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria

Download from the Google Drive Link above, install and try again.

And give a “Thanks” to slippifishi :bye:

Bigmike20vt
                                    Participant
                                      @bigmike20vt

redist

Hi, I also get the “Failed to load <path> SternGB.dll”-error. What was missing and how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for this….  I was about to give up. On my last build it worked 1st time however on my new machine it would not work. I had all the software installed in the included instructions and more as well, but no joy. I was about to give up and just tried the above…. At last it works.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      Firebat138
                                      Participant
                                        @firebat138

OMG, thank you.  This was killing me.  Its impossible to figure out when your not allowed to ask about this GAME online  lol  Amazing and huge thanx all

Firebat138
                                        Participant
                                          @firebat138

and now its back again.  lol   Now it cant find the rom.  Im so confused…  Can someone PM me, I don’t wanna get in trouble and break the rules

Whitey
                                          Participant
                                            @hopvision

I’m having the same problem.  Can’t find the ROM or tells me I need a newer version of VPinSPA.  So frustrating.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?