First build, gpu requirement advice please.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dazzlaa
    Participant
      @dazzlaa

Hi all,

I am about to embark on my first dedicated cab build and I am looking for a little bit of advice.

i have sourced an i5 3.4ghz processor with 8gb Ram. I think that is sufficient for the program but I’m a bit confused as to just how much graphics power I will need.

so I am looking to play at 75hz 1080p but I’m on the fence whether to go 1440p 75hz. I can buy a gtx 960 or 970 but I’d like to save where I can so my question is: would the 960 be sufficient and does anyone use one in a similar set up?

many thanks, all the best.

daz

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

You should be fine with both. Of course, the beefier card you’ve got, the longer it lasts. I have a 750ti and play on 1080p @ 60hz. I can’t run 4xAA but it looks pretty nice with nvidia dsr enabled. I will be investing in a newer card and then jump straight to 4k. Not decided yet. 1070 or 1080.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        dazzlaa
        Participant
          @dazzlaa

Thanks for the reply.

I think the perfect scenario for me would be the 1440p,   75-144hz purely for that silky smooth motion. If you are running a 750ti at 1080p/60hz then I’d hope a 960 would give me the required power. I’ll prob end up getting the 970 though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?