First Build

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    HuntersTalon
    Participant
      @hunterstalon

I finally made the dive, I’ve been saving spare parts for about 5-6 years and I happened to have a lot of free time on my hands, because I probably wont be traveling anytime soon! Enjoy some photos of the build! Thanks to all of the people that create guides, tables, videos and more because I COULDN’T of done this without you!

IMG_20200703_173320

IMG_20200705_112110

Pinball FX3 Spiderman, probably my favorite table they have released.

IMG_20200720_071326 (1)

Doesnt run well on a Steam link, but it was just a test til I finished building the PC

IMG_20200801_171343

Temporary til the flipper switches are in, figuring out how to get backglasses to work

IMG_20200812_105442

IMG_20200816_133254

Plunger and flippers are in, PinUp running, got some Philips Hue lightstrips on clearance as undercab lighting

IMG_20200822_084601

Hoping to finish the backbox and stain the wood in the upcoming months, but right now I am just enjoying the content that this community is creating. THANK YOU!

HuntersTalon
      Participant
        @hunterstalon

PS. The Philips Hue Sync software works really well for the cab! I haven’t had much luck on the DOF code to work with it yet, but I haven’t given up

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Love to see a cab build come together.  It  makes me sad because I miss the thrill of building my own

HuntersTalon
          Participant
            @hunterstalon

I have NO CLUE what I am doing, so thanks for all of the guides. I can’t wait to get some lighting and feedback devices. The wiring scares me a bit, but I’ll take my time with it.

Mike DA Spike
            Participant
              @mikedaspike

For wiring take the time. Its not that difficult,  if you made a scheme of the wiring what you want to accomplish.

First determ what you want to wire and use different colors of wires. Start for example with buttons and finish that.

Than do the next. The lights in the buttons for example.

After that do your toys. That was my approach, and I didn’t get in a spaghetti wire mess.

I hope you have a lot of wires length ordered !

abispac
              Participant
                @abispac

Nice build.

HuntersTalon
                Participant
                  @hunterstalon

PXL_20201029_210530813

What a difference staining makes!

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

That looks really good.  I know everyone doesn’t have the space or equipment available, but everyone has the ability to build their own cab.  And, you appreciate things more when you do it yourself rather than just buying one.

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

Also love the proportions of the back box and playfield, it looks like a pinball game.  I sometimes cringe when I see people cabs with backglass screens that are waaaaaay too small

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Like the stain.  And cupholder!  You should give thought now to extra buttons for magnasave.  Even if never used for that, they are indispensable for making adjustments in camera/light mode.  Some tables have options like lighting that also use them.

HuntersTalon
                        Participant
                          @hunterstalon

More buttons are in the plan! I’m currently using a stream deck to fill in the gaps. Saving up now for Year 2 upgrades.

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Stream decks are super handy.  I have a six button mounted on the side.  I figured you had it under control.     …you have a real tilt bob right?

HuntersTalon
                            Participant
                              @hunterstalon

Not yet! Year 2 budget, haha

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?