FP-BAM: “Thriller” Dance Off FBX Demo! Michael Myers, Demogorgon, and Freddy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Just when you thought I was done with crazy FP-BAM Demos… I bring you something you never asked for… but are glad you are alive to witness it.

This is a demo showing BAM’s great FBX Model and animation support. The models are nicely detailed with some really nice normal / bump mapping, and specular highlighting.

Scott Wickberg , if you ever do a VPE version of STSE in the future…. I’ll hook you up with this groovy dancin’ Demogorgon for a new Multiball mode! Eee-Hee!

nanuk
      Participant
        @nanuk

wow that would be nice to see on a table on my cab

Mlager8
        Participant
          @mlager8

Terry where is the mocap data coming from, mixamo? Not sure what platform you’re pulling into before exporting fbx, but if the clips don’t have neutral end poses/key frames, most apps have a motion clip editor into which you can combine animations so they blend better.

Not pertinent to this example obviously, but I did notice in death star assault that when vader finishes an animation its abrupt. The clips aren’t aligned so he kinda instantly jumps to a new origin.

Not really a big deal, but just an extra level of polish

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Terry where is the mocap data coming from, mixamo? Not sure what platform you’re pulling into before exporting fbx, but if the clips don’t have neutral end poses/key frames, most apps have a motion clip editor into which you can combine animations so they blend better.

Not pertinent to this example obviously, but I did notice in death star assault that when vader finishes an animation its abrupt. The clips aren’t aligned so he kinda instantly jumps to a new origin.

Not really a big deal, but just an extra level of polish

For Vader, the actions in the table events are too quick to make everything seamless all the time…and also the poses and start / end points are dramatically different….but the other issue there is lack of room for him to stand on to make animations all seamless with him. Otherwise he would be walking through bumpers,etc.

For this example, it’s all seamless animation….but only so much room on the playfield for them to keep going (they would go off the playfield)…. but yes BAM can allow for animations to continue into each other smartly…but only if the start / end pose is close enough.

Mlager8
            Participant
              @mlager8

I see, I used to be a motion capture artist for a few years and had to deal with this crap all the time. It’s a bit tricky but you can blend the end of a clip with a walk cycle and animate the path of the walk cycle back to the origin so you character ends up in the right spot. If you’re using “takes” with the FBX importer then you’d have to animate each clip separately before combining the takes.

If you ever need some help I’d be happy to take a look, I animate in maya but fbx export is all the same no matter which DCC package

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?