Freezy DMD working in pinmame test but not with tables

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spaceship
    Participant
      @spaceship

I decided to try out the freezy dmd (virtual dmd 3rd monitor) and am having an odd issue.  The virtual external DMD is loading fine when I run it in VPinMAME test.  I can get the freezy DMD to load and even position on my 3rd monitor.  However every time I try to launch a table (VPX 10.6)  with “use external dmd” checked I get a Visual Pinmame Error “No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found”.  If I uncheck it everything is working fine with the standard dmd.

I cant figure out why when launching the rom from visual pinmame test but is giving the error when launched with a table.  I uninstalled visual pinball and reinstalled with the 10.6 installer.   Then I updated to the latest 32 bit visual pinmame 3.2 SAM and installed the latest freezy dmd files 1.7.2 32 bit.  Still cant get it to work when launching a table.  Any ideas for me?  I’m trying to get this working so I can try out PuP player.

Thanks.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Maybe there is a permission issue. I used a payed version of unrar and well, run Win7. But, I’ve seen that others in the community is recommending to extract files like these using 7zip, just because they unblock the files automatically. It’s a security feature inside windows. However. Don’t use 1.7.2 of freezy. Either get 1.7.1 or something newer. 1.7.2 has known color issues and there is no reason to pick that version as all it gives you is things that ain’t working – kind of ;)

It should be pretty safe to run the vp unistaller and install again using the “one-in-all”, using the same paths as you did before. Put freezy’ into vpinmame after that ( maybe using 7zip ?).

Also, make sure you go through the dmddevice.ini – disable stuff you don’t have. You don’t have a pindmd1, pindmd2, pindmd3, pin2dmd – do you ? Or, if you do – then enable that one that you actually have. I’m surprised to see people posting their config files still containing the default – like they never ever read the documentation that Freezy has provided.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?