Future Pinball BAM – “Real” Spot Lights and Beacon demo. WOW!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Future Pinball – BAM : “Real” Spot Lights and Beacon demo. WOW!

OK… so I thought a still image wouldn’t really convey just how amazing this looks already! So I have two short demos to show how the “real” spot lights look when used as a spot light and a beacon in Jaws and Aliens Legacy.

Note: most of the tables light (GI, some inserts, etc) are OFF for this demo to make it easier to see just how “real” this lighting is. BAM already had real “point lights”, but this is next level!

You can adjust the falloff, the rotation, the angles, brightness, colour,etc… and as the video shows, you can use BAM’s mini playfield tool to move the lighting anywhere you want for animations.

It’s a wip…but man this is a game changer!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

The craziest lighting you’ll see in a pinball table!

This video shows you how I used BAM to attach a “real” spotlight flasher (or anything, really) to a ball to have it act as a flashlight, or a beacon with very cool results!

I also tried replacing the Spinner Police Lights in Blade Runner with real beacon lights as well (on the Spinner and the stationary lights). You can see the lighting move and rotate across the table with the Spinner, with full reflections, and also see it affect the bump mapping. Very cool.

I turned off some G.I. lighting to make it easier to see the spotlights. Makes for some crazy friggin’ lights I tell ya!

Gimli
        Participant
          @gimli

Very amazing stuff  Terry ! Thanks for the moving this along !

Ravarcade never ceases to Amaze with his ability to enhance BAM-FP

TerryRed
            @terryred

Very amazing stuff Terry ! Thanks for the moving this along !

Ravarcade never ceases to Amaze with his ability to enhance BAM-FP

Yah, it’s amazing. Glad he’s embracing the idea of adding new features without the concern of compatibility of FP Old renderer. This is something I’ve been preaching for a while now. If a table “requires” BAM just to run, then holding on to compatibility to older render modes, or even older versions of BAM makes no sense. Its why I removed code that references old BAM versions for physics,etc. If you need a newer version of BAM, why added extra code to accommodate an older version at all.

Everyone sees this stuff and wonders about VPE. Sure it will be able to do similar things graphically…. but the tools to do the same things we are doing in BAM needs to be added and supported (maybe rav will fill that gap since he’s a contributor). VP has never been geared toward tools for originals before, so it will take a long while before you start seeing VPE be able to do something like Epic Space Battles. Also, if it uses C# and not vbs… well that makes it much more difficult to transition to making tables for it until you can grasp programming in C#. VPE will be great for rom based tables…but I think the quality of “original” tables like we see in FP will take MUCH longer to start appearing in VPE than people think. (and VPE is still a long ways from being a complete usable editor / player).

Whereas “today”, we have 100’s of awesome FP tables you can’t get anywhere else that can use these awesome new features in BAM easily.

TerryRed
              @terryred

New BAM flasher beacons and spotlights!

Before I finish off the very last of my PinEvent update for Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles… I thought I’d throw in a quick couple of cool lighting updates that uses BAM’s new flasher spotlights. A few “real” beacons on the back and side wall, and a spotlight on the Millenium Falcon as it flies around.

You can see how HUGE a difference BAM’s per pixel real lighting and rendering makes compared to any kind of static lighting. So much potential…and it will only get better. Note: the HUD DMD and FP Videos were turned off for this video demo only.

PinEvent update and PuP-Pack coming very soon! It is very worth the wait!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?