Future Pinball, stutter, lags.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Malinas
    Participant
      @malinas

When launching a FP table, first of all the Backglass , flashes/blinks and the table is unplayable, it lags and stutters like crazy.

I have tried several things, so i in the end just deleted everything and re-installed BAM and Future Pinball again.

But the problem still remains.

xRSLXIV

Here are my settings, and no matter what i change here i get the same anyways so no need to change this no more.

This problem, just popped up last week, and i have never seen it before.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Video card settings i run defaults

Some ideals maybe
        https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38170&p=381730

Malinas
        Participant
          @malinas

Change to defaults now, but no…. it is still the same.
          Fresh install, erased register, everything.

It is something else that makes future pinball crazy like this. Thanks anyway as always! ;)

GeorgeH
          Participant
            @georgeh

There is not really a single solution to stuttering.  It depends on many factors that tend to be different from one PC to the next.  The best I can do is refer you to Step 12 of my guide:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

George

Malinas
            Participant
              @malinas

Hi and thanks for the reply, i have checked this into the bone. But didn´t manage to stop the stuttering, and the B2s blinking.
              So i removed everything with future pinball, and bam, erased everything in the registry and yeah, total remove.

Did a fresh install of Future Pinball + BAM , and ….  it is the same. As soon i start a table the Backglass starts to flicker, and the table is unplayable, cause it is freezing. I have tried this of and on for like… 6-7 months now and i seem to never get Future pinball to work, unfortunately.

PinWiz99
              Participant
                @pinwiz99

I didn’t know you needed to use B2S for Future Pinball? It has a built in backglass/translite feature. You may want to turn that off.

What tables in particular are causing issue or is this across the board?

The biggest culprit i’ve found is Windows Defender Real Time Scanning. Even if you put exceptions on it’ll cause lag and stutter due to scripts. I’ve noticed this on Data East tables (Tales from the Crypt, Last Action Hero, BTTF, etc.)

If you’re still having issues turn off real time scanning and launch a table.

GeorgeH
                Participant
                  @georgeh

FP does not support B2S.  I tried to get Rav add the ability to add B2S backglasses but he said he couldn’t do it.

All I can suggest is to go through my set up guide step by step that I linked above and then go through my BAM guide here:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544

George

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

Dear god…there is NO reason for adding directb2s support to FP.

FP has awesome built-in backglass support! You will get NO benefit fro using a directb2s with FP.

PuP-Packs however, are a completely different story. If you are creative enough, you can combine both FP’s backglass and a pup-pack together… but you need to add DOFLinx support for the pup-pack to work.

Malinas
                    Participant
                      @malinas

Dear god?

….

i know that Future Pinball dont use direct.b2s (backglass)  with b2s i just meant the backglass nothing else. I may misswrote it so it was easy to missunderstand though. I simply ment that the backglass was flickering.

But still no need to drag in god in this matter i think , we are not all that experienced as you are Terry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?