Gottlieb tables.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    username
    Participant
      @username

Hi,

I’m new to these forums and i know from googling that there’s been topics about this but, i didnt feel it was appropriate to bump an old, old, old thread just for a little update. If anyone’s struggling to get gottlieb tables up and running due to the lack of roms i have found a site that has some i dont think all, but it looks like a fair amount of them. im not going to link the site because i dont know if thats against community guidelines but the name of the site is gametronik. com . it is in french but if you translate it and google pinmame gottlieb a whole bunch of roms show up. I hope this is helpful. Have a good day.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

That was a fair post but I would probably remove that site name.   I would say most people that have been around for a bit know where to look but if someone new asks we generally help them out.  It’s a crappy situation to have to deal with but that’s life.  We are lucky to have these resources around and we don’t want to ruin it.  Thanks for your post and nice…. username @username :scratch:

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Since it is a non us site. I believe it would be a higher chance that it will stay around to be honest. I know that I don’t listen to what the US government think should be allowed or not on the internet. I follow my countries rules ( at least in most cases ).

username
          Participant
            @username

That was a fair post but I would probably remove that site name. I would say most people that have been around for a bit know where to look but if someone new asks we generally help them out. It’s a crappy situation to have to deal with but that’s life. We are lucky to have these resources around and we don’t want to ruin it. Thanks for your post and nice…. username @username :scratch:

It just suddenly popped into my head since im recently new to pinball and virtual pinball in general, The pinball arcade app actually exposed me to a lot of decent gottlieb tables and the recreations everyone is doing for VPX is amazing and just felt that if i found a resource and since im a newbie whether or not people already know where to get roms or even if they’re newbies or not having another source. I didnt post this as way to ruin it since its a foreign site i’ve been using them for regular video game roms for over a decade with no problems. I just figured that having another known source where to get these roms that are under hostage by draconian laws would be helpful. Plus i never understood why Gottlieb LLC is so protective when bally and everyone else dont give a shit if their pinball roms are freely.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

@username : Don’t sweat it. You just saved me from sending private messages on how to use google. You already did the steps I would do – not making a fully usable computer machine readable url. Well, not at least one made with some kind of AI written into it ;)

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Gottlieb has always protected their roms and manuals. 25 years ago you couldn’t find a rom image to burn on the real machine and it is crazy this has not changed but is what it is. You can always “find” them somewhere that’s for sure

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                Participant
                  @lynnindenver

Gottlieb feels that their right to make money off the old IP trumps any sort of preservation of the hardware… I don’t want to know how many machines have been parted out because it’s difficult or impossible to find the information (or even get the roms!) to repair certain problems, or that the costs of acquiring it via Gottlieb’s requirements pushes it past the ability to rationalize the cost versus the value of the machine for some people.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

username
                  Participant
                    @username

I honestly thought i’d get a lot more shit posting this. I guess i got to get my mind out of reddit sometimes lol. I digress, I mean what do you expect from a company that is now an LLC and making their employees liable for company fuck ups and that they got swallowed up by some obscure company called mondial group which isnt that far from where i am living in NY actually. I mean they recently sued Paramount for using Silver Slugger Pin. Gottlieb turned into whiney school children  because they showed too much of the cabinet and were bitching and moaning about oh you can see the pin and people will think its sponsored and the movie was about the pinball, people will get the wrong idea and, i want teh royalty money. this was 2008(recently in that thats the recent bullshit  i could dig up) and apparently it was a movie involving mel brook and helen hunt couldn’t tell you what the movie was. In the end court ruled that since the copyright has expired it fell under fair use but, the judge told paramount to just get the go ahead next time. I mean the damn copyright’s expired and they’re still attacking people i know companies that aren’t doing so hot do desperate things but this is a serious low and dirty thing to do.

Also unrelated note below i have attached 2 files that are prototype roms Left is the proto sound rom for the proto cpu rom. If i want to make this a complete proto WPC rom do i add the CPU to the sound files or do i add the sound files to the CPU?

Attachments:
                    Thalamus
                      @thalamus

I’m not sure I understand your question fully. First of all, VPM needs to understand the zip and its content. Is this a prototype that you’ve ripped yourself or are you trying to manually what you expect Pinmame wants ? If the last one – I use clrmame pro to audit and construct/re-construct my rom collection. I know that 32a uses a different program, romcenter or something in that direction. Haven’t tried it – might be more user friendly ?!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      username
                      Participant
                        @username

I gotten these files from IPDB they were both labeled as PinMame romset PA-6 and PinMame sound P-7(WPC only). I’m trying to make one complete proto rom out of these two files.

username
                        Participant
                          @username

Yes basically im trying to merge two file manually so pinmame can read it correctly i guess. OK ignore me and my dyslexia got me and i just realized im trying to merge sound proto rom7 with cpu proto 6. Sorry for the inconvenience have a nice day!

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

You can take a lot of zip files from ipdb, put them in a “input” folder and then use the programs mentioned to create the roms for us, either as split or merge sets. Don’t try to do it manually, when  computers always does it better and faster ;)

username
                            Participant
                              @username

Yea i should have realized this after the 30th time trying to do this manually but hey, I’m stuck inside currently with nothing else better to do. No better time to learn about how not to Macgyver roms together.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?