GOTW 11/19-25 – The Shadow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Scotty VH
      @scottt
      ModeratorMember

The game of the week for 11-19 to 11-25-2017 was chosen by Scotty VH.  This was due to a breakdown in responsibility between Thalamus (who wont the previous GOTW) and Randr (whom Thalaumus delegated the responsibility to, but whom also relinquished the right).  So, this week’s GOTW, which is The Shadow, which you can download from MonsterBashPincab.

If you are new to the Game of the Week at Vpinball.com, please join the fun!  You may find the following links helpful:

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

Is there an alt-translite version of this anywhere?

Scotty VH
          @scottt
          ModeratorMember

And to get things started, here’s my first post-worthy score, 928,277,920.

This was before I realized this Pro tip:  The magna-save buttons switch the diverters on the ramps!

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

I played a couple games, found a couple of issues, only scored a couple hundred thou, and made my own version of the b2s modding wildmans.

first issue, first game I played ball came off the little upper playfield, kind of toward the left and just disappeared, or hidden somewhere, couldn’t see it anywhere, game did ball search several times, I eventually killed it and started anew.. which lead me to

second issue, saw some weird ball stuff going on especially around the slings, so did a bit of investigation, the hit height on the rubber objects is set at 35 or 29.5 (layer 6 for the big ones, rubber pins on layer 1) both of those values are going to cause weird shit to happen.  changed all mine to 27

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Yeah. Unfortunately people still haven’t read your post about rubber heights and how it effects tables. 27 is the magic number I use for almost all rubbers, 26 if I want them a little less bouncy. The Shadow is a nice table, but it still has bugs so we could try to fix it during this week maybe ? For sure. Put the rubbers down to 27 physical height is a good start.

Scotty VH
                @scottt
                ModeratorMember

Interesting… I would have guessed issues like this would be fixed by the .2 version.   I read the thread on MBPC, and it seems like lots of stuck ball problems and other quirks have been fixed.  Is everyone using the latest version 1.2?   People there are reporting it is working well.  I’ll play around with rubber heights as well on mine.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

pretty sure I have 1.2 just downloaded today to make sure I had the latest.  Since I couldn’t find an alternate directb2s I swapped this image I found on pinside by aurich into wildman’s dierectb2s and redid the lights.  nothing fancy but way better than the original imho

Scotty VH
                    @scottt
                    ModeratorMember

I won’t be able to play for the rest of the week, so my final score looks like it is going to be 928,277,920.  I’ve played about 15 games.

I won’t be available on Sunday to post the next GOTW table, etc.  — is there someone interested in this incredible opportunity?  I won’t try to sugarcoat this… yes, it is a lot of pressure and a huge responsibility, but the challenge is very rewarding and personally fulfilling.   Hopefully there won’t be any shocking surprises like we had today.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Game of the week is best way to find the bugs that’s for sure.

ive been babysitting all day so I’m played out today :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

I also have been experiencing lost balls. Most recently under the paddle thingie on the top left. And other places where I’m not sure where it went. Probably won’t be playing this very much this week because of that

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Yeah seems very buggy to me too.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

This was a BUST for a game of the week challenge thats for sure! So ScottyVH is out of town so he has asked me to pick the game of the week for the next challenge :)

I pick CARtoons V2.3 DUH!

link to the table HERE

for IOS and Android

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?