Guardians of the Galaxy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

Don’t know if everyone has seen this. It sounds like a few folks are disappointed the layout is so similar to Metallica but still looks pretty cool in my opinion. As always it will be interesting to see how it plays.

I have always wondered how much Stern Pinball has to pay for the licensing rights for some of these popular properties.

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

I hate, what I call “look at me , look at me” YT videos…. but this was a good video on Guardians
        dudes are pin “buyer elitists” but like I said they make some good points about the machine
        I just wish it was JJ that got the contract… would be an even better game
        I will for sure want to find and play it tho….

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

I can only assume randr already owns this.  :whistle:

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

Jersey Jack does a good job on their tables. It would be great if they did enough business to put out more than one table a year.

Speaking of I had not seen this either.

POTCCE

Attachments:
            HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

I can only assume randr already owns this. :whistle:

nah he’s not a stern fan

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

yeah his pirates is badass…. and dialed in is really good IMO

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

im not a Stern fan sad to say(i respect them for building pinballs for sure)

Not a stern fan only due to the 80’s-90’s when Stern was putting out tables compared to Williams and Bally tables of the same time stern just felt cheap and lacked playability compared to Williams and Bally. Sega is another example

I do like Jersey Jacks machines and honestly some(very few) of the newer Sterns are ok like Star Trek and even AC/DC are great pins but i think they pump them out so fast that they lack any real depth or creativity but thats just me.

I play all pins and always will!

I do enjoy some 90’s stern tables too! trust me im not a Williams/Bally snob…..well maybe i am

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

Didn’t Gary Stern oversee the Data East and Sega pinball divisions before he bought them out?

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

yes… that is true… now time for a funny story…

I go to the silverball museum here in NJ…. they have NO stern machines… and it all because he hates how gary went about getting sega data east… LOL

Jesperpark
                      Participant
                        @jesperpark

There is Nothing wrong with being a Williams or Bally snob.  The problem with Stern is they tend to be cookie cutter layouts, with a rotation of music and movie themed pins.  I own 2 Sterns because they cost less than the other guys (at least the pros do), that said the quality is just not the same quality or game depth as a JJP.  I had the green light from my wife to buy Stern’s Star Wars, money in hand went to try it out, and walked away disappointed :cry:

I wasted my youth playing arcade games and ignored the pins at the arcades.  Man i wish i could go back and play more of the early 90’s stuff, hence why I enjoy virtual pinball for recreating those tables.  Even back to the 70’s and 80’s every pin theme was different and original, just not what it was.

But hey don’t get me wrong the newer manufacturers are thinking outside the cookie cutter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?