Head first dive in build

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    clownnut
    Participant
      @clownnut

Well, I started my game room, just before the COVID hits, right about to finish the game room, a family member said he use to love pinball. i have never seen a real pinball before. So, i said, no biggie i can do that, i converted one of my arcade into a vertical pinball. start with 1 screen.

that last about 1 day.

after 1 game, i was hooked.
      due to limited amount of space in my game room, so within 30 days, i move on to

VR Pinsim
      https://vpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/231552/Tu69015nfu9n8c3cabfbgzc0f8ymu57y1.jpg
      i want the pinsim can move anywhere in the house(stream the table to the headset)
      2x20k power banks with some step up boards to power the 2 continuous solenoids and 40w Bluetooth speakers as SSF.
      that’s was fun for a few weeks, then i learn about nudge… well, i cant do nudge without do a major change of the vr pinsim.
      I guess time to move on to the real vpinball cab.
      here’s the plan

still due to the limited space, i went with a 32″ playfield instead of 43″. my kids still play in the basement a lot, i dont want something comes out of the wall 4′, that they might run into, i can have the 36″ cab rotate to parallels to the wall when the cab is not being play.

being head first, i didnt think it all the way through when i bought the coin door. lol so all my buttons and plunger will be on right hand side i guess.

well, since i already have a 4:1 monitor, instead buying a new one, so i reduce the size of the speakers.

so i put 2 more speakers in the cab facing out the back try to make up the front speakers being small. i was worry not enough sound coming out those small speakers turn out i dont need the extra speakers at all. you live and you learn.

i was given a set of rusty pinball legs, so i learned how to refinish them. for first timer, i think i did good. (a lof of sanding and 24 hrs acid bath to remove all the rust, 4 layers of filler primer, 3 coats of black chrome and 4 coats of clear automotive to protect the paint.)

trying something new. 3d Printed my lockdown bar.

more sanding than i want to do, 5 layers of filler primer and 3 layers of black chrome later.
      i did 3 more layers of automotive clear coats after that to protect the print.
      i am fairly happy with the result, very solid no flex.

i have an extra case i didnt end up using for my pc hobby. strip it down barebone, house the pc and power supply for all the toys
      pc spec:
      ryzen 2600x
      16g 3200 ram
      1tb m.2
      Rx570 for gpu(i cant find any reason card right now, new or used) i will upgrade it to a newer model once the price back to reasonable level.

preparing some parts.
      i 3d print as much parts as i can for the build. i like diy over buying, if any issue arrive i know exactly what to do modify the parts to fits my needs.

removable fan dust cover, it’s nice to have extra parts from other hobbies when comes to build a vpinball cab.

couple more things to classic up the deadpool cab.

4 exciters as ssf, i think i am happy with the result, i dont see me moving on to solenoids or contactors yet. against i have zero real pinball experience. hopefully i can experience one soon.

i went with 1/4″ starphire tempered glass, coming from a reef tank side, i feel the noticeable different between the standard glass vs starphire.

the graphics should be here next day or two to finish up this cab.

now the baby steps are done, time to move on to the software side.
      i have a few set back on the software sides, i have to do a couple full reinstall due to ntdll.dll keep crushing pinup popper.
      if anyone know a solution to that, i would love to know, in case that happen again.

Arcade ^ Vpin

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by clownnut.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?