Hello Everyone – just getting started

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    thehumanecho
    Participant
      @thehumanecho

Hi Everyone,

I’ve founds so much help reading the many posts by the community on VPINBALL.com.  I’ve been slow going but 5 months ago I began my journey of building a dedicated virtual pinball cabinet.  To date, I’ve successfully built a custom PC (i7 9700k, 16gb ram, RTX 2070, 240gb SSD) and have PinballX, Pinball FX3, DOF, DOFLinx working with a 43″ viewsonic 4k monitor, 32″ viewsonic 1080p monitor, pinDMD, 2 Sainsmart USB 8 relays, 16 solinoids, Pinscape for controls, nudging and plunger.

I’m reaching out for specific feedback on getting a shaker motor to work. I’ve gone into DOF config site added a shaker motor to the 2nd Sainsmart relay and then in DOFLinx.ini added the necessary call “LINK_SH=401,2000,7000,255” for all 8 relays (increment up to 408). Before making the purchase of a shaker motor, I’m testing the shaker command by having the Sainsmart still connecting all 8 relays to solenoids. I was expecting Doflinx to trigger them at least once telling me that the LINK_SH is working, but nothing triggers them to activate. I’ve played FX3 Attack from Mars and FX3 Medieval Madness destroying the saucer or the castle respectively, none of this action on the screen translated to a call to the shaker motor.

Is there any specific guidance you can help me with to this last piece working for me?

I appreciate all of your help already recorded on this site.

Thank you, Dave

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?