Help: annoying DMD on playfield

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jan G
    Participant
      @jangus

I am using the PinUp system with Pup Packs on a 3 screen VP.

Every time I load up a game I get a DMD showing up over the playfield.
      The DMD does not react when I right click on it. I can move it around and I can close it with Alt-F4. But the next game I load it is back again.
      I do not know if there are a setting I have missed and if it is in the PinUp och PinMame.

Please help

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

More info would be nice. Do you have freezy installed ? What about a picture ? I love seeing pictures, makes it much easier to see what kind of dmd you are talking about.

Jan G
        Participant
          @jangus

It was a long time since I installed the programs. Could not remember if I installed Freesy, but I could not find it on my computer.

It’s the DMD in the upper right corner of the playfield. The reflected DMD is also annoyning :scratch: but I deal with that one later. The DMD in the backbox is a PinDMD3.

: IMG_2937

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Press F1, the pinmame menu should come up with its options. Turn off the visual one. It looks to me that you are already running freezy and that is what you are seeing in the “real-dmd”, read pindmd3. That is because, use external is ticked. Not sure about the upside down – reflection ? Sometime pictures can also become confusing.

Jan G
            Participant
              @jangus

The reflection is just a reflection in the glass. I will try a polarizing glass infront of it.

The Show DMD/Display window is turned off
              I did turn off the Use external DMD and then it all looks great. No more DMD ontop of the playfield.
              Tanks you for helping me with the DMD. :yahoo:  

Before the DMD allways got windows focus. But now the backglass steals the focus instead. Any advice how to fix that?

IMG_2938

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Inside pinmame – do you have dmddevice.ini ? I believe your settings isn’t optimal. Can you please paste the content of the file here ? Or better – to pastebin.com and post a link to the pasted content ?

Jan G
                Participant
                  @jangus

https://pastebin.com/RCVuXFP5

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

That’s what I thought … change :

[virtualdmd]
                    enabled = true

to

[virtualdmd]
                    enabled = false

And then enable that external dmd of yours again. Also, turn off the unneeded pindmd1, pindmd2 etc. @outhere has a really comprehensive guide/example of how you can enable a few games where you want the opposite ( example, where pindmd3 is physically too small, like baywatch ) – that is actually also well documented on freezy’s github page. You seem to be running a old version of freezy though, or you would get issues with alphanumeric display. I don’t have my dmddevice.ini easily avail right now. So, I don’t recommend that you upgrade it if you don’t know how to disable it. That feature has some bugs in it still and may corrupt your settings file if that is enabled. ( currently, I’m sure it will be fixed some day)

Also, in that github page from freezy, you should find info on how to upgrade your firmware. Highly recommended if you haven’t done it yet.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions

Jan G
                    Participant
                      @jangus

Ok, thanks :good:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?