Help Backglass no longer working for many VPX tables

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Stevo
    Participant
      @stevo1911

Hey guys need some help.  Have a multiple VP version setup (VP9, PM5 and VPX) and Pinballx v2.38.  I have separate sub-directories in the \Tables directory: \VP9, \PM5 and \VPX.  Setup has been working fine.  However, I managed to cause a problem with Backglass not working for many VPX tables.  I running Windows 7.  Using VPX 10.4 Beta.  Also using B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.2

Today, was using PinHypermatrix.exe  v1.04 to locate orphaned table files in my Table sub-directories.  This program cannot detect .vpx files.  So, I temporarily renamed all .vpx to .vpt files with simple dos command: ren *.vpx *.vpt

Used the PinHypermatrix.exe program to create a report that successfully listed orphaned tables that were not listed in my “Visual Pinball X.xml” file.

I then renamed the tables back to .vpx file extensions.

Not all .vpx tables are having issues.  Here is a quick list of some .vpx tables with back glass no longer working:

ARFM_1.1.2.vpx

The Machine – Bride Of Pinbot (Williams 1991)_1.3.vpx

The Rolling Stones (Stern 2011).vpx

The Walking Dead Pro – Groni Pinball – Releasebeta.vpx

PLEASE NOTE:  The tables will still load without any errors.  The back glass will not load.

Here are some vpx tables with backglass still working:

The Walking Dead_VP10_LEMOD_RTM_1.1.vpx

The Sopranos (Stern 2005) freneticamnesic 1.0.vpx

Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1993).vpx

I have re-installed/re-copied B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.2. it did not help.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark
        1. If you open the table in visual pinball only, without pinballx will the back glass work then?

2.  Also might you be running in true full screen?  I know if i run true full screen i get issue with the backglass not loading for certain tables.  My issue is like the link, luckily i can run windowed full screen with issues

PinballX not letting VPX directB2S backglass display

Stevo
        Participant
          @stevo1911

Thanks for your response.  This issue occurs with or without without PinballX.  I have attached my Video settings.  I also tried selecting ” Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode (less compatible)”.  That made it worse.  Screen went “black”, reported issue locating the ROM file,  and game did not load.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Has to be naming of files you certain table file and b2s are named exactly the same?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Stevo
            Participant
              @stevo1911

Yes. The tables and back glasses have matching file names.

Wondering if during my efforts to remove orphaned tables and back glasses, did i remove any required file(s) for the back glasses to load correctly.  I compared my \VP9 and \PM5 sub-directories and did not notice any missing files.

Stevo
              Participant
                @stevo1911

I found a debug program for B2SBackglassserverEXE.exe named: B2S_Debug.exe.  I copied to my \VPX directory and ran.  It successfully loaded and displayed a sample backglass on my second monitor.  Here is the output in the B2SLOG.TXT file:

****Start of file****

“1920”,” Screen2ResX”
                “1080”,” Screen2ResY”
                “0”,” Screen2PosX”
                “0”,” Screen2PosY”
                “\\.\DISPLAY2″,” displayname”
                “————————————————”
                “\\.\DISPLAY1″,” First screen”
                “\\.\DISPLAY3″,” Second screen”
                “\\.\DISPLAY3″,” Third screen”
                “————————————————”
                “\\.\DISPLAY3″,” Selected screen”
                0,” Working Area Top”
                1080,” Working Area Bottom”
                1920,” Working Area Left”
                3840,” Working Area Right”

****End of file****

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I’m thinking you may have removed double installs of b2s and that’s a good thing! But maybe vpx is looking for b2s that was removed? Maybe try re running register app for b2s? I don’t have separate folders for table versions so just b2s in the one tables folder for me.

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

Maybe something when you renamed the file format??  Try deleting 1 non working table and backglass, then re-downloading them, then see if that helps

Stevo
                    Participant
                      @stevo1911

I only have a single install of B2SBackGlassServerEXE.exe.  It’s in the “C:\Visual Pinball\Tables”.  I have tried re-registering as well.  Did not help.

Stevo
                      Participant
                        @stevo1911

How do the newer vpx tables actually call the backglass?  I am familiar, with tables using:

Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”)

However, I do not see any reference to the B2S in the script of the tables that are not working.

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

Using Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”)   is the old way of loading the backglasses

Nowadays the controller.vbs in the scripts folder handles the backglass calls etc

In your settings under preferences then keys/nudge/dof  on the right hand side check to make sure the “disable B2S” is not checked  if it is checked then uncheck and start VP again.  After that I don’t know much about controller.vbs but if you open the script there is some reading and explanation about what it does, but might be the source of your issue

3 users thanked author for this post.
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

You need controller.vbs in scripts folder and controller.txt in users folder inside controller.txt you should have like 7 lines one should be forcedisableb2s=0

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            rablack97
                            Participant
                              @rablack97

try renaming the b2s backglass to match the rom name.

Stevo
                              Participant
                                @stevo1911

JesperPark, U Da Man!!!!.  Somehow the “Disable B2S” Setting got selected.  Once, I deselected, the problem has been resolved.

Thanks to everyone who jumped in help diagnose the problem.  You guys rock!!!

Attachments:
                                Jesperpark
                                Participant
                                  @jesperpark

Glad you got it fixed, as soon as you said the lack of B2S.server in the script, the light bulb came on for me what it could be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?