Hope to receive some help :-D

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Calafati
    Participant
      @calafati

Hello all,

FIRST SUCCESS :yahoo:

…with the Capersville-Table!!!

Two open issues at the moment left:

1. Trying to play the AFM-Table (2nd example for a table with roms) I finally got the error message below

Screenshot (14)

2. I have a little lag between pressing the flipper buttons and the movement, is there a general option where I can change/improve this?

Many thanks again for your help I am eager to check things out now :yes:

Greetings

Klaus

Calafati
      Participant
        @calafati

…sorry, I was too fast:

there was a second error message resp. information after confirming the first one:

“Problem occured during player init” (I hope I remember it correct). After that there was a third one that VPinballX has a problem and it was closed…

Is there any way you can help me out?

Thanks a lot

Klaus

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Make a screenshot of you video preferences. I recommend starting out with forced exclusive fullscreen off since it crashes for the new guys. With that set to on. You will not see the actual error messages and that is a hopeless default value being set for new guys.

You’ll learn later on how to enable and get better performance. Here is mine from 2018 – should be ok to start with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ho6olzf5fh2du2o/My_video_settings_2018-11-26.PNG?dl=0

Calafati
          Participant
            @calafati

Hi Thalamus & all,

Independing from the fact that I will follow your suggestion and try a little with the graphic settings I fear that indeed it could be problem with the graphiccard of my system.

Could you or someone else recommend one to me, which is powerful enough to be safe for the next couple of years so that I can enjoy the tables without compromises with the graphic settings?

Data of my system up to now:

ASUS CM1745
            – with AMD A10-5700APU Quadcore with 3.4GHz
            (unfortunately on-board-Graphiccard “Radeon HD Graphics” without further information)
            – with 12GB RAM
            – with Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3 Build 9600)
            – with DirectX 11 installes

I remember that years ago I had same problems with another game, finally all results in compromises with the graphic settings. That is the reason why I am looking for a new one finally, I would like to avoid the hours of time I already invested. However, I am searching for a Card “only for pinball” no need for a High-End-part, price area <=100 Euro respectively $-equivalent.

Thanks a lot and greetings

Klaus

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. That is the problem. Integrated graphics isn’t made to play games on. I’m a nvidia fan boy. I recommend a gtx 1070 or better – since you mention that it should last a couple of years. It all depends on what resolution you want to run at. With some knowledge and tweaks a 660 or 750 – again nVidia. Should work ok on 1080p. 4k, 1060 ti should be ok. Don’t ask me about Radeon which is an alternative.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?