[solved] how to remove grill from backglass?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peter222
    Participant
      @swietlikowa

I added the third monitor to my cab, I started FutureDMD (works properly). I would like to remove the grill from the backglass (it is no longer needed). Does it require hardcoding? Removing DMD itself is easy, but how do you remove the grill and stretch the rest of the screen to this place? I guess it’s not that simple, is it?

RYSr (Rich)
      Participant
        @rysr

Just right click the backglass, and set the visibility for the grill to hidden..

Peter222
        Participant
          @swietlikowa

Just right click the backglass, and set the visibility for the grill to hidden..

Are You sure that this feature is available in Future Pinball? It works with VPX, I have no mouse cursor on backglass  in FP

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Are You sure that this feature is available in Future Pinball? It works with VPX, I have no mouse cursor on backglass  in FP

You need to use the in-game BAM menu to resize / position your backglass to how you want it. Press ~ or Q to access BAM menu while in game.

PinWiz99
            Participant
              @pinwiz99

You can resize it but the best method is to simply replace it in future pinball.

Find an image you want to use as the backglass. Load the table into FP editor then open up Texture manager and import the file. Remember the file name.

Then click on the the translite option on the left and you’ll see the translite pop up in the editor (this is where you remove HUD DMDs)

Click on the translite and on the right side menu a drop down should appear for Translite Image. You then can select the file you imported. You may still need to fudge with it a bit to get the sizing right in game.

I’d first recommend finding the original translite image for that table, export it from the texture manager so you can get the size.

Seems tedious but it’s better IMO and you can pick the image to your liking.

You can also pick multiple ones and cycle through them as well. I think Slamt1lt added this scripting in his Transformers table.

Peter222
              Participant
                @swietlikowa

Thanks guys! Both method is worth to try. Manipulate X/Y scale / offset in BAM seems to be quick and easiest . But then I always wonder: I only cheated the system, but the DMD is still there for real. Doesn’t it have any negative impact on the game performance (the system must display double DMD). Wouldn’t the total removal of DMD have a positive effect on the performance? Or maybe I’m overdoing it and shouldn’t worry about it?

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

That’s what FutureDMD uses

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

Thanks guys! Both method is worth to try. Manipulate X/Y scale / offset in BAM seems to be quick and easiest . But then I always wonder: I only cheated the system, but the DMD is still there for real. Doesn’t it have any negative impact on the game performance (the system must display double DMD). Wouldn’t the total removal of DMD have a positive effect on the performance? Or maybe I’m overdoing it and shouldn’t worry about it?

It won’t affect anything. This is FP which has great performance or all of that stuff… it’s not VPX and directb2s.

Just resize with BAM…quick and easy.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    PinWiz99
                    Participant
                      @pinwiz99

You can move the DMD to “off visible area” similar to how you move the HUD versions but you can’t delete it because it’s in the script. There shouldn’t be any performance lag.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?