How to setup Apron Displays?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    drjameshouse
    Participant
      @drjameshouse

Hello,

I am very new to this hobby and have gotten my cabinet up and running.  I placed 2 7″ monitors in my apron.  The idea was to use them to display the “Game Rules” and either the static cost to play card or possibly videos from pinup popper.  I have seen others cabinets that have successfully done this.  However I am starting to pull my hair out trying to figure out and understand how to accomplish this.

Can someone help or point me to some helpful topics, articles, videos, anything?  I have tried searching for several nights and got nowhere.  I’m sure I’m just not searching the right terms.  The best I got was to show ‘Game Help’ while the table loaded and then it disappeared.

Thanks in advance.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

hmmm…..you searched everywhere…. except typing ‘apron’ in the popper wiki search?  :)

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=other_settings&s%5B%5D=apron

drjameshouse
        Participant
          @drjameshouse

Thanks for the reply.  I did search that, and actually walked through that exact page several times.  As a beginner what I found confusing/frustrating was the screens on that page don’t match the current version of the software.  And by that I mean the text of the displays.  What is/was even more confusing for me is that from one screen to another screen, the text for the screen is labelled slightly different.  I tried searching to see if there was a help document that explained what each screen/display means and I couldn’t find it.  Does a document exist that I just missed?  I didn’t know if I needed “GameInfo” or “GameHelp” for my needs.  I didn’t know if  I should be using ‘Apron/FullDMD’ or ‘Other’.  I also couldn’t find definitions of the ‘Screen Modes’ and what I should be setting them to.

I was able to finally get it working with a little help from another person.  Obviously I now understand that I needed to set the ‘Keep display On’ in order for the Game Rules to stay up, and was probably my problem.  Being very new, it just didn’t make sense to me when I read through it the first few times, and my frustration wasn’t helping me comprehend it.  Now that I have it working, reading that page makes complete sense, but as a new person it just didn’t.

I really do appreciate your quick response.  If there are wiki pages describing the different what the different screens are (to better understand what media will be found for them) and describing the different modes and such, it would be great to get that link as well.  And yes I did search for those too and didn’t find them.  I’m sure I’m just missing them or they are probably in some videos and I just haven’t clicked on the right one yet.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?