I screwed something up! Need a little guidance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    portyman
    Participant
      @portyman

It should just be settings issue. I got a new monitor for my cabinet and it is a Ben q 1440 WQHD. My previous monitor was a simple widescreen 1920 x 1080. The previous set up worked fine but now with the new monitor I am getting a windowed full screen when I run vpx, I have messed with a bunch of things but can’t seem to fix it. Any help or suggestions would,be appreciated.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Not exactly sure what problem you’re having but did you check the ScreenRes.txt file to make sure it’s correct

1 user thanked author for this post.
        portyman
        Participant
          @portyman

It’s the play field not the backglass. I was able to get the play field to fit the new monitor size. I overlooked the resolution setting in video options.  The issue I have now is that the image looks stretch on the new widescreen monitor. Is vpx only or best designed for 1920 x 1080? How should I handle the new monitor with the 1440 size.

Thanks

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

That is a good question

The playfield dimensions are also in the ScreenRes.txt file

portyman
            Participant
              @portyman

I did not know about the screen res having the play field. I think since the 2560 x 1440 will scale to 1920 x 1080, I might try that and see if it fixes my issues. I thought a new nice monitor would be an easy install….. that was a mistake

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Not a mistake.  The challenges this hobby throws at us now is part of the enjoyment for me.  Someday, challenges will probably go away.  And I will very much miss them.  Until then… @outhere  is like Yoda.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?