Instruction/Help display on backglass

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Iain.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fjser
    Participant
      @fjser

When i choose the menu option to display game help..my backglass turns black, but nothing displays.  I can see the text in the lower left saying “game help” or osmething like that but no actual content appears. Ive tried SWF, AVI, and PNG,with same results.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?  Flyers display fine on the playfield.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

check two things:

config/global/displays:  GameHelp and info should be set to Active Hidden

in Theme/Screen Setup: Screens 9 and 10 should be set for ForcePOP.

Iain
        Participant
          @iain1986

I can confirm my Flyer setup matches that (Active Hidden and ForcePOP) but the odd behaviour I’m getting is that I have to hit the “Flyer Button” 3 times for it to appear.

Once it appears, then it turns on and off with single presses fine.

If I go to another game, I again have to hit it 3 times to see the flyer for the first time, and then it cycles on/off fine.

At first I thought it was a lag or delay, but its not, its simply 3 presses. I could do them as fast as possible or leave a minute pause between each press, but always on the 3rd press the flyer appears.

Any ideas whats going on there?

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

check your controller/keys setup… i bet you have some keys duplicate so its firing multiple keys on press.

oh, and check flyer media for that table…. if search finds multiple media files it will play a random one… maybe one of them is the ‘black’ one and its just a bad/unsupported media file.

Iain
            Participant
              @iain1986

I’ve double checked.

I have only 2 flyer images for testing, one for 24 and one for AC/DC. Both PNG in the region of 1100 x 1500 and about 2.5mb each.

In the controller config, my ‘Game Info/Flyer’ is set to ‘Key-I’ (73) and it’s the only input that has that value :/

The correct flyer is shown for 24 and for AC/DC, just takes 3 presses then each subsequent press correctly turns it on and off. It’s like the first two just do nothing and everything works after that, until I change game and it all resets. Very odd.

Iain
              Participant
                @iain1986

I’ve investigated more and its displaying very odd behaviour. I tried setting the Insturction images to the same pngs, and set different keys for Flyer and Help and they demonstrated the same behaviour.

But, it seems to take 3 presses in total, it doesn’t even have to be the same key in a row. So, for example, “I” shows instructions and “F” shows flyer….

First key does nothing. Second key nothing. Third onwards works fine. So I could pres “I” “F” “I” and then the instructions show and everything works as expected (I and F turn their media on and off fine).

Or I press “F” “I” “F” and then the Flyer shows and everything is fine.

Or “I” “I” “F” and the Flyer shows fine.

Seems to take 3 inputs to “get through” to PinupPopper, could it be another windows “thing”? Note, Next, Prev, Start, Exit etc all work fine :|

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

it’s not really 3 key-inputs….

what you’re explaining sounds like ‘I’ shows info (but you don’t see it on your system)…next key closes info popup….

and then afterwards it behaves normal.

Iain
                  Participant
                    @iain1986

I could press F F I and the info shows fine though?

Or F I I

or I I I

i could also press, F F F to show flyer, And then I works fine for info.

That make sense? The first two buttons can be either I or F, any combo, and after that both I and F work as expected, even if neither were in the first two presses…

And then changing games resets it all :/

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

what im saying is you probably can press F <anybutton> F and it will work…    <anybutton> will close the first popup.  so you’re just not seeing the first popup for some reason.

Iain
                      Participant
                        @iain1986

Ah gotcha, so yeah regardless of Flyer or Info, the first just fails to show. No idea why. They’re even on different displays too. Hardly a major issue though so I’ll leave it for now and let you know if anything ever ‘sorts itself’.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?