Introducing the Pincab Configurator!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xantari
    Participant
      @xantari

Hey All,

I’ve been working on a side project for my pincab that i’d like to share with everyone now that it has some relatively useful features folks can use today.

The program is not done, but I figured it had enough features to warrant a introduction of the program and release what is available now.

The Pincab Configurator is available here (click the releases tab to grab the latest version): https://github.com/xantari/PinCab.Configurator

There’s a lot of features in the program right now, but I figured i’d highlight the biggest addition i’ve added recently and that is the database browser.

We can now globally see all content from all major virtual pinball sites in one spot by aggregating data from VPinball, VPU, VPS Spreadsheet (Dux retro is awesome!), and VPForums.

This will eventually tie into the game manager that i’m developing that i’m hoping will be useable regardless of front end you have chosen.

Additional items in the program are built in such as a b2s screenres editor, VPinMame ROM Browser and settings editor (with preview support), and the main function I started the program for, which was to set screen coordinates in all the various pincab related programs cause I was changing my layout of screens and swapping out new video cards.

There are a lot of features i’m not discussing, and I suggest you head over to the link above and start reading the landing page readme, and also checkout the Wiki.

Best of all, this is open source. So anyone can contribute.

This program should be considered “beta” at this point. 

Please test it out and let me know if you find any issues or if you are thinking of a cool new feature you want. If so, go to the “Issues” tab in github and add a feature request or a bug report.

2/22/2021 Update: I’ve decided to pull the databases I use to keep my pincab updated. I’ve updated comments on this subject in the Notes section on the github repo. I’ll still be working towards completing out the game manager, but at this point since the vpinball owner doesn’t want to have their content surfaced in this way I respect that decision.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Jalei
      Participant
        @jalei

So you’re scraping websites for data. Oh boy.

xantari
        Participant
          @xantari

Yep, just like VPS Spreadsheet / Google / Bing, etc. If there was an open API like vpdb.io that would be unnecessary. Luckily it only takes about 2-3 seconds per website as it only does incremental changes.

2 users thanked author for this post.
          xantari
          Participant
            @xantari

Wiki has the info (added .exe name). It’s the only .exe in the program… https://github.com/xantari/PinCab.Configurator/wiki

Fleetz
            Participant
              @fleetz

This is an amazing amount of work, thanks for that and your ongoing efforts. Appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?