IPDB Database – More Robust Info now available

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    xantari
    Participant
      @xantari

David,

I couldn’t find your bug tracker or feature request tracker. So posting it here.

I opened sourced the IPDB Database creator here: https://github.com/xantari/Ipdb.Database

Simple .json format, much more info then the various .csv files floating around and structured as well.

If you want to use it in pinup popper feel free.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

Hi,  looks very interesting!

I remember a few years back I was asking about the license to use the ipdb db info and nobody was able to give me an answer.  Do you know if it is 100% allowed to use/distribute the ipdb db info/lists to use in a utility/frontend?  (free of charge of course)

xantari
        Participant
          @xantari

Not sure, since it’s all just the text pieces of IPDB (no images) my guess is it should be OK.

Right now PinballX, PinballY, PinballX Database Manager all have their own variants of data from IPDB in .csv format and have for years and distributed with their products but don’t receive updates often. The plan is to just schedule this weekly and you’ll see the Git check-in with all the diffs from that weeks automatic check-in.

If your not using IPDB info to fill in game info, how else will you do it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?