Issue with TNA pup_pack w b2s

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by TGX.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TGX
    Participant
      @tgxperience

All,

I have worked on this issue for the last two days but I can report some success. What I was having an issue with was EPIC stuttering in the PuP backglass video on TNA and ruining game performance. Now my first thought was my rig simply couldn’t handle it but I decided to pursue it further. First I tried looking at the videos in VLC only. Lo and behold playback in VLC was not good either. I tried tweaking VLC to no end. Next I looked at changing priorities of PinupDisplay.exe using PinAffinity which helped but again not satisfactory results as it further degraded table performance. Out of curiosity while using PinAffinity I decided to monitor memory/CPUusage. PinupDisplay was running at 42% of my CPU’s. That seemed high. One other thing I began to notice was when I would close TNA it seemed as if another backglass was running behind the b2s. I thought, maybe it is trying to display a second backglass?

Now let me preface this that I am a total Pinup noob. I just started messing with this because of the COVID outbreak…BUT…

Here was my ‘fix’. I opened the PupPack for TNA using the PuPpack Editor. I found the line ‘Backglass Videos’ under ‘Screens’ and set Mode to ‘off’. Apparently this is some sort of backglass frame for TNA. Remember this was a noob experiment there may be better ways to fix it…BUT

After making this change the backglass videos and gameplay are now silky smooth. CPU usage of PinupDisplay is now 22% so yay I don’t have to build a completely new rig.

What is this rig?…Don’t laugh…Homebrew custom cabinet build (Only used for VPX).

AMD Phenom II X4 with 4GB of memory, Unpatched Windows 7 64bit(machine has no internet and I find each MS patch to Win7 makes things slower), nVidia GeForce GTX 750ti 4GB output is to a 55″ and 21″ monitor.

So maybe you don’t need a new rig just ye either!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?