Jolly Roger – 2620 Special Edition – (Williams 1967)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

Jolly Roger – 2620 Special Edition – (Williams 1967)

***Special thanks to Kees for the original table and Loserman for the B2S mod and backglass!***

This is my third table contribution.  I was able to work with Hauntfreaks again, and we had some help from BorgDog as well this time.

This redraw required some reconstruction, but unlike the last project there were good images for reference, and I think it really helped the final product.

Hauntfreaks designed the reel wheel, and it was coded by BorgDog (code adapted from Kiwi’s).  This is a really nice element of this table and I think it looks great.  We spent some extra time, at the end, discussing gameplay and rules to make sure we had everything as accurate to the real table as possible.  Video footage was extremely limited and we want to give special thanks to Loserman for consulting us on the table rules.

I have included, for your convenience, a wheel logo, basic instruction card, and backglass still image with this package.  Cryptdoctor has already posted his backglass separately (Awesome work by Cryptdoctor21 and Hauntfreaks).

My tables are all set to portrait orientation.  If you are like most normal people and want to change this to 270 orientation, I have included a POV backup file for your convenience.  Simply go to the file > import > backdrop pov in the editor and import the Jolly Roger Landscape.xml file.  The settings will be automatically applied for you.  Fine tuning can be done in the “camera-lights mode” under the table menu in the editor.

For my part, additional mods are allowed without approval and encouraged.  However, Kees and Loserman have requested that you seek approval before modding, so please check with them.

Please enjoy this table.  We will try to address any issues that arise through updates.

Credits:

Drybonz (Playfield – plastics redraw, Physics)

Hauntfreaks (Primitives, Lighting and shadows, Reel wheel image)

Kees (Original table)

Loserman76 (B2S & coding updates, Rules consultant)

BorgDog (Reel code (adapted from Kiwi), Borgball and playfield wood images)

Cryptdoctor (Backglass)

*Not intended for sale, or to be included with, or compliment the sale of, any product.*

7 users thanked author for this post.
      Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

Don’t forget to pick up this great backglass by Cryptdoctor and Hauntfreaks!   http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/jolly-roger-williams-1967-b2s-backglass/#post-38254    :good:

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

Wow, Drybonz. Looks so nice! Lots of great new tables to play this Friday night. Thanks for getting my weekend off to a super fun start! Really appreciate all your contributions lately. Great team of contributors you credit on your list. You’re in amazing company! :D

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

Thanks, Ben… I’m having a lot of fun working on these tables, and with these people.  This table has a bit of sentimental importance to me because I’ve uploaded it on my 40th birthday.    :yahoo:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Yeah no kidding the picture  looks amazing. top quality! will be adding this to cab tonight thats for sure! thank you Drybonz :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

cryptdoctor21
              Participant
                @cryptdoctor

Man!  This table is amazing!  It looks and plays like a dream!  Thanks so much for this one, it really makes me nostalgic for the old days!  I hope more great tables from you guys will be in the future!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Thanks, Ben… I’m having a lot of fun working on these tables, and with these people. This table has a bit of sentimental importance to me because I’ve uploaded it on my 40th birthday. :yahoo:

Happy birthday man!  I vaguely remember 40.  :unsure:

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

Happy birthday man! I vaguely remember 40. :unsure:

It’s already a bit of a blur for me.     :wacko:

cryptdoctor21
                    Participant
                      @cryptdoctor

Happy Birthday Drybonz!!  Welcome to the “life begins at 40” club!!  I’ve been a member for a while and it’s not so bad!!  I hope you have a good one!!I hope this isn't you later!

Attachments:
                      HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

this really did turn out great…. I want to point out again this is DB’s 3rd redraw, 3rd!!!…. and getting better with each one…. cant wait to see whats next…
                        Borg did a sweet job coding and animating the bonus reel on the PF… love that you can see it turn from one number to the next….    another great EM with great detail…!

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

Wow this really does pop off the screen, great work and thanks Drybonz and all others involved.

Happy 40th Birthday Bonz!!

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

The silly names I give our table releases are a joke to myself, and a reference to modern pinball tables being released with multiple “special editions”.

Anyone who can guess the reason for the name “2620 special edition” wins a gold pirate st-arrrrrrr, matey.  No cheating.    :-)

RustyCardores
                              @rustycardores
                              MemberModerator

The silly names I give our table releases are a joke to myself, and a reference to modern pinball tables being released with multiple “special editions”. Anyone who can guess the reason for the name “2620 special edition” wins a gold pirate st-arrrrrrr, matey. No cheating. :-)

Hmmm… I just assumed that I needed to run it in VPX build 2620???

the_greeze
                              Participant
                                @thegreeze

Thank you! :)

Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

The silly names I give our table releases are a joke to myself, and a reference to modern pinball tables being released with multiple “special editions”. Anyone who can guess the reason for the name “2620 special edition” wins a gold pirate st-arrrrrrr, matey. No cheating. :-)

Hmmm… I just assumed that I needed to run it in VPX build 2620???

For anyone still wondering… open MS Word and type 2620, then hit (no space) alt-x.

Drybonz
                                  Participant
                                    @drybonz

I have just submitted version 1.1 of Jolly Roger. This update adds support for DOF, thanks to Arngrim! I’m unable to test DOF, so if there are any issues, please let us know and we will try to get it sorted out.

A special note of thanks to Arngrim for all the work he does to bring DOF support to so many tables!

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

you sure the dof’ed version is upped? not seeing any dof calls

********************************************************
                                      for IOS and Android

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Hang tight everyone… looking into the problem with the updates. Sorry for the confusion.

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

Ok, upload issues are sorted out and all three of our updates for Jolly Roger, Smart Set and Cabaret, with DOF, should be available, for real this time, very soon.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

works! dof is great! thankyou

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?