Keeping Track of Table Versions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mccorkled
    Participant
      @mccorkled

Hello!

Quite new to all of this still and recently setup PinUpPopper and it’s super cool. I am curious how everyone keeps track of what version table they have. I was putting the version number at the end of each table name but I do not think this is ideal. What the best way for keep everything up to date?

Thank you :)

32assassin
      Participant
        @32assassin

add the version number to the name of your table

if  you want  to update your table list and info in Popper every time you update a table

Preferences –> table info –>  when you exit the table it will give show you all the text you added on screen

Capture

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
        wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Thanks for bringing this up 32. I have been wanting to mention this for some time now. I have seen where many tables simply dont have this information populated in table info, but rather in the file description once downloaded. Of course when you change the file description name, you have lost track of what rev this is.

So please-please-please…all authors please add the rev number into the allocated field in table info. ;-)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

PinUP Popper has a field specifically to put in the table version if you’d like to use that.

it also auto-updates the last update time/date field if you use the drag/drop update method for updating new tables.

The table version field is great to use… as in future,  with the updated DUX spreadsheet for PinUP you’ll be able to filter “outdated tables” based on that field and the spreadsheet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?