Kinect for Windows Stutter, Kinect X360 is fine?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Magius74
    Participant
      @magius74

I plan to put head tracking into my cab once it arrives so I have been reading all the tuts and watching all of Terry Reds videos and learning how to get it all setup. I have my Desktop PC and the PC that will go into my Cab so I have two machines to test and double check everything.

I borrowed an Xbox 360 Kinect from a friend and figured out how to get it working for Future Pinball and VPX. It’s great and works just fine. Tested it on both of my PCs. The only issue I had with it was I did not like how far away I had to be from the Kinect Camera, especially on my desktop PC. So since I eventually have to give my friends Kinect back I went ahead and bought myself the Kinect for Windows model 1517. I thought this would be better since it can track even when you are close up to it. It is my understanding that the two Kinects are practically the same and even use the same software (I downloaded and installed the SDK version 1.8 software and drivers). The problem is that with the model 1517 Future Pinball slows down and starts to stutter and the Kinect tracking is slow and barely responsive and the frame rate on the camera drops to just 1 or  2 fps. But if I plug the X360 Kinect in everything is fine and runs super smooth. Both Kinects are plugged into the same USB 3.0 port on my PCs. I have tried the power supplies/USB cables from both. Flip flopping them some that each Kinect was tested with both power supplies/usb cables.

My main PC is not the best but it is an Intel 9700k running a Nvidia 2060 Super, so I would think it would be enough to handle Future Pinball and head tracking. Additionally head tracking with VPX works just fine. I do notice an occasional hiccup even once and a while when using the Model 1517 with VPX but it is hardly noticeable.

I was hoping someone out there could confirm that the 1517 is supposed to work under Future Pinball/BAM and if there is any kind of difference between the two models of Kinect that could cause such a major performance hit on FP/BAM?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?