KISS (Stern 2015/Tribute) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores

Latest version is playing great Daryl. Cheers! I’d still like to figure out how to remove that white keyline on the apron though. I’ve updated a couple of aprons in the past and used a feathered selection. This normally gives a nice smooth edge and no keyline like I’m seeing here?

I took your image and placed in on a black backdrop to see and get as much of the white off as I could.. I could cut back more I suppose.

I don’t think it’s part of the image. The original feathered edge should be fine. I think it’s a lighting issue.

I did a test where I dropped the height of the apron quite low (too low to use as some other parts were then rendered above it) and the keyline effect was all but gone.  There was just a little of it in the middle, so this is why I think it’s lighting.

Here’s a sample with it on black… https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8504136/Pinball/kiss-apron_OnBlack.jpg  The highlight edge on the angles is meant to be there to give it a slight impression of rolled form (depth), but as you can see in the middle and down the right hand side, there is no keyline at all.

Once installed however, the keyline the appears in these blank areas (as well as effecting the highlight edge on the angles).

Daryl
      Participant
        @allknowing2012

re: but as you can see in the middle and down the right hand side, there is no keyline at all.

Thats where I trimmed :-) Compare that to your original image on black.

RustyCardores
          @rustycardores

re: but as you can see in the middle and down the right hand side, there is no keyline at all.

Thats where I trimmed :-) Compare that to your original image on black.

That is my original image direct from photoshop that I linked.

Regardless of image used (trimmed or untrimmed) once it goes into the table I get pronounced keylines.

I wonder if it varies with different tables settings from user to user? I’ll play with that later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXT11
          Participant
            @txt11

I seem to be getting DOF errors from the script on the latest version…. I have gone back to an earlier incarnation.  :scratch:

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

Hey Rusty… what are the keylines that you are seeing?… I’m looking at my copy of the table to try to help figure out how to fix what you are seeing, but I’m not sure I know what you mean.  If it’s a thin white line you may have the side of something visible that should be invisible.

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores

It looks like it was a simple scaling issue. I had created the image at a higher resolution that it was being displayed within the table and the scaling down was creating the keyline artefacts. See top image.

I’ve downsized the image to a width 952 pixels as used in the table and the keyline is no gone. See bottom image.

The new apron image is available here for import.  Don’t forget the delete the lockdown bar if you want to see all the apron.

Queniart
                Participant
                  @queniart62

Problème pas de musique et au l lancement De la bille erreur ligne des quelle arrive sur bumper

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores

Problème pas de musique et au l lancement De la bille erreur ligne des quelle arrive sur bumper

Ensure that all vbs scripts have been copied to your scripts folder (not tables folder) and that the music files have been unpacked and placed in VPX’s Music folder.

Also, what version of VPX are you using? I’m using 10.2 Build 2806 without issue.

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

Oh ok… I’m not seeing those lines even on your older image.  Maybe a difference in display settings?  Resolution?  Not sure.

*edit*  Well, I actually do see it in camera/light mode… I think some things must not be applied in there, though, (AA?) because it never looks quite like play mode.

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores

Oh ok… I’m not seeing those lines even on your older image.  Maybe a difference in display settings?  Resolution?  Not sure.

*edit*  Well, I actually do see it in camera/light mode… I think some things must not be applied in there, though, (AA?) because it never looks quite like play mode.

So many variables from system to system :(

Oh well, no need to change image if it’s already working you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queniart
                        Participant
                          @queniart62

Re pas trouver la version 10.2 2806 moi j ai la version 10.2 2825 voici le problème avec image

Fulltilt
                          Participant
                            @fulltilt

Wow! This is really awesome, thank you :D

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

New updates uploaded tonight. Work on the dmd animations for bumpers, spinners, high score entry. Additional sound bites as well as some code fixes.

6 users thanked author for this post.
                              Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

Re pas trouver la version 10.2 2806 moi j ai la version 10.2 2825 voici le problème avec image

Placez les 5 scripts Kiss.vbs fournis en téléchargement dans le dossier "scripts"
                                Place the 5 Kiss.vbs scripts provided in download into the "scripts" folder
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr

Thanks for the update!

********************************************************
                                  Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                  for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                                  Participant
                                    @jesperpark

Thanks for the update Daryl.

Edit #1 This was an post about an issue but i realized i forgot to update the actual table  :wacko:

Edit#2 Hi Score is perfect now IMO  :good:

Mark70
                                    Participant
                                      @mark70

Thanks for the update Daryl.
                                      I like the fact that the music keeps playing now when you loose a ball while ball saver is still active.
                                      The new DMD animations and additional voice sounds are great.

I played the real table last weekend, I think the right outlane is a bit to hungry on this one here.

Keep up the good work, always excited  when there is something new here :)

Daryl
                                      Participant
                                        @allknowing2012

re: I played the real table last weekend, I think the right outlane is a bit to hungry on this one here.

There is a post just above the left and right outlanes that you could move up or down to make the outlanes easy/hard – like on most pin games.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr

I have not tried the update(due to a remodel project at home) :( but this looks like its only getting better

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

re: I played the real table last weekend, I think the right outlane is a bit to hungry on this one here. There is a post just above the left and right outlanes that you could move up or down to make the outlanes easy/hard – like on most pin games.

Yes, that works. Thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 132 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?