Laughter is the best medicine

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Greynurse
    Participant
      @greynurse

One thing that miffs me in this day and age is how minority groups are so easily offended by words and actions that are intended to be

anything but offensive. Such groups feel that somehow, the world owes them a favour by not being mindful of them less they be singled out

for “special treatment”.

A case in point is a story I heard last night while watching a Billy Connely video on Youtube. He thought the story so funny that he had to

share it with his audience. (“please let this true” he pleads). I hope most of you read this for the first time.

Before I begin, I’m giving you a heads up. It involves a dwarf. If anyone wants to be offended by the word, look it up. It is not derogatory.

Dwarfism is a recognised medical condition. The term is also essential to the punch line of this story. So here goes.

A women gets on a bus in Glascow to go home after working as a sub teacher for the day. As she enters the bus she is relieved to find the

last vacant seat and sits down and prepares to enjoy her bus ride home.

At the next stop a dwarf woman gets on the bus. Seeing that there are no available seats, she sets her stance and grabs hold of the

chrome grab pole and continues her journey standing.

A short while later a young schoolgirl gets up, approaches the dwarf woman and offers her her vacant seat. At this the dwarf woman flies

into loud verbal tirade at the young girl. “Are you offering your seat because I’m a dwarf? Is that it? I’ll tell you young lady I have managed as

a dwarf my whole life and I do not take be patronised very well. You can go back and have your seat and don’t cross me again.”
      At this the young girl, visibly upset, returned to her seat and said no more.

Not long after, a large lady got up from her seat and proceeded to the exit door, passing the dwarf woman on the way. As she did so, she

stopped reached down and tapped her on the shoulder. The dwarf woman looked up at her. “I would like to point out that my seat is now

vacant and you are quite welcome to it”, the large lady said. The dwarf woman’s face turned red and she yelled, “Is it because I’m a dwarf

that you’re offering the seat”. The large lady qickly replied, “Nothing of the sort. We are approaching my stop. I have vacated the seat to

alight from the bus. I was just pointing that out to you. It’s as simple as that”. The dwarf women looked stonily ahead but said nothing.

The large lady proceed to the exit door but stopped after two steps. Turned around and said to the dwarf women, “And when you do get

home, I hope Snow White kicks yer arse”. :yahoo:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?