Loch Ness Monster (Game Plan 1985)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jino0372
    Participant
      @jino0372

Hi Everyone,

I am about 50% complete with an update to this table.  Attached is a before and after image so far of the playfield.  I only have the upper half done.  There is not a lot of resources available for this rare machine.  So I’ve been piecing together what I can find.  Some of the stuff I am hand drawing because I don’t have either a complete or good angle of the graphics.  I still have a long way to go.  It doesn’t help that this is my first table and I am still learning how to do stuff in VPX.  I’ve been using VPX for a few years and I’ve made minor tweaks here and there but nothing this major.

Besides the graphics I re-did all of the lights on the table.  I also made some changes to the script and physics.  Only what was required to make the changes to the lights work.

I do have a total noob question.  Once this is complete….what is the process for sharing?  I’ve downloaded files from here but I’ve never uploaded anything.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments:
      jino0372
      Participant
        @jino0372

Here is a pic of from the desktop view.  Still a lot of work to do.  I am working on the plastics now.  I also need to re-do that ramp.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by jino0372.
        jino0372
        Participant
          @jino0372

Here is the wip backglass.  I am trying to add in all of the scripting to make the scoring work but so far I am not having my luck.  I am not very good at the scripting stuff.  Maybe someone could lend me a hand.

jino0372
          Participant
            @jino0372

Hi Everyone…I am making great progress on this.  This started out with me simply wanting to update the graphics.  This has now turned into a full blown rebuild.  I have a new found appreciation for all of the table authors out there.  This is a lot work!

Here is a quick YouTube video showing the currently work done and current gameplay.

https://youtu.be/DPFTUV3QaEA

Thanks!

Jim

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by jino0372.
            Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

That is an impressive improvement Jim. Very cool ! :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
              jino0372
              Participant
                @jino0372

Thanks! As soon I get the script issues worked out I will be ready to share. The big issue is with the multiball. If you get the jackpot and get more than one multiball the script sort of crashes VPX. The ball gets stuck in the kicker when it should destroy the ball and continue on. It works fine if you get one multiball before a drain but a repeat multiball is trouble. VPX does not show a script error…it just crashes.

Also…there are issues with lane lights and features that are simply not scripted.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see the script while the table is playing? For example: I hit an lane and on a separate screen it shows me where I am in my script. It would really help with debugging.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Sure. You can put statements like

debug.print “I’m here”

And run the game via debugger. Start it – press the ‘D’ key and put the console somewhere convenient. You can also of course ask it to tell you what a value is … but, it has to be defined.

Dim BIP

BIP = 1

BIP = BIP + 1

debug.print BIP

– Something like that.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  jino0372
                  Participant
                    @jino0372

I’m looking for help from all the table gurus and/or B2s guru’s

I’m just about ready to put a bow on this table but I ran into an issue that I just can’t figure out.  I wrote in all of the code to make the B2S work.  Everything is working great on my desktop.  I am having no issue with the table or the B2S I created.  I move the table and B2S to my dedicated cabinet and now….the B2S works like garbage.  The tables fine.  No issues.  The B2S initially does not start.  It will pop on screen after I add a credit but that is.  Add another credit…and it shows the score displays…another credit and the score displays flash the high scores…add another credit….etc…etc.  It’s like the B2S is a PowerPoint slide show.  None of my other tables and B2S’s have any issues on my cabinet.  So I know it is either something in my script or something with the B2S but it works perfect on my desktop.  I switch the PC from desktop to full screen and it still works great.  The only diff between the two is the VPX on my desktop is slightly older than the cab.  They are both on VPX 10.6.

This issue is driving me nuts :wacko: .  Can someone please lend me a hand.  :-)

Thanks in advanced!

jino0372
                    Participant
                      @jino0372

Hi Everyone!

Attached is my script for Loch Ness Monster.  Can someone please give it a look over.  Especially the B2S stuff.  I am still having issues with the B2S.  I’ve tried a lot of changes but so far nothing has made a difference on my cab.  The issue is weird.  It works great on one PC but not the other.  I have both running the same versions of VPX and B2S now.  Maybe it is a hardware issue???  Every other B2S on the PC works great.  Weird!

I can also share the B2S and/or table file if that will help.

Thanks in advanced!!

Jim

jino0372
                      Participant
                        @jino0372

Hi All….I feel like an idiot.  My issue was a display setting on my cab.  It had nothing to do with the code or B2S file.  :wacko:

I am glad I got it figured out.  It’s weird that it was only affecting the one backglass.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?