Low framerates due to low clockspeed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
      @brandonlaw

Alrighty, so for a few days now I’ve been battling a gremlin that technically still exists, but I’ve found a work-around that I think may help the community.  My cab boots directly into the front-end.  I play a game or two and I one touch shutdown.  As of a few days ago, I was getting mad-stutter.  Sometimes a reboot would help and it would kick back up to 144fps.  If it was kicked up, it would stay up, but no consistency is madness.  I investigated focus issues (since going to popper, no Admin is needed, but still gave it a shot,) programs running during startup as windows just updated…anti-virus kick back on?  Scans?  Full screen optimizations busted? Background frame draw? The fuck.

Ultimate question…Is my card dying?  I download afterburner as I’ve never needed to OC any components, and keep it up on my backglass.  Sure as shit, the clocks stay locked or even drop!  We are talking 508mhz or less.  Clearly stuck at a ceiling or ‘state.’  What a journey.  I didn’t want to keep them locked or at constant voltage as we do sometimes leave the cab in attract-mode and also trying to prolong a 1080ti’s life-span so I dug to try and figure out what windows borked to keep my P-States from changing.  Ran across this dudes small forum post about his similar research, but sprinkle in his madness with knowing how to compile and you have this:

NVFIX.exe

It realizes you are in a 3D program and clocks to the next P-state.  Magic.  I watch it start the game with low clocks and about 1 second later before I can even plunge, we are back at 144fps. Man, I hope this helps someone shave days off of their research.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by BrandonLaw.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?