Mame exit script with irotate

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    yinyan
    Participant
      @yinyan

Hi

does anyone have an exit script i can use with irotate

im trying to get mame to rotate the screen 90 when i start a game and rotate back to 0 when i exit

now iv managed to rotate to 90 on start of the game thats all working , its just when i exit mame crashes and affects pinup popper menu

cheers

yin

TIA

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I used i rotate for android in cab but never needed to for mame. Did you try just mame commandline options instead?

Core Rotation Options
        -[no]rotate

Rotate the system to match its normal state (horizontal/vertical). This ensures that both vertically and horizontally oriented systems show up correctly without the need to rotate your monitor. If you want to keep the system displaying ‘raw’ on the screen the way it would have in the arcade, turn this option OFF.

The default is ON (-rotate).
        -[no]ror

-[no]rol

Rotate the system screen to the right (clockwise) or left (counter-clockwise) relative to either its normal state (if -rotate is specified) or its native state (if -norotate is specified).

The default for both of these options is OFF (-noror -norol).
        -[no]autoror

-[no]autorol

These options are designed for use with pivoting screens that only pivot in a single direction. If your screen only pivots clockwise, use -autorol to ensure that the system will fill the screen either horizontally or vertically in one of the directions you can handle. If your screen only pivots counter-clockwise, use -autoror.
        -[no]flipx

-[no]flipy

Flip (mirror) the system screen either horizontally (-flipx) or vertically (-flipy). The flips are applied after the -rotate and -ror/-rol options are applied.

The default for both of these options is OFF (-noflipx -noflipy).

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

yinyan
        Participant
          @yinyan

thanks for the reply

this is what im trying to do – iv got a 3 screen vpinball machine with integrated joysticks

im running pinuppopper front end and using mame i want to run the games on the main screen and on my backglass screen , iv got a marquee and other image on my topper screen.

the problem is the all the screens are in landscape mode so when mame runs the main screen is obviously on its side but with the startup script in pinup i can rotate it 90 and everything works fine until i want to escape the game, thats where it starts going pear shaped . so on exit of the game i ask irotate in the pinup end script to rotate back to zero and mame goes into meltdown and crashes everything

does mame let you run landscape and portrait on 2 different screens at the same time from command line options ???

thanks

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

in v1.4 try some of these things:  (i don’t use irotate so not sure)

for your mame emulator there’s a checkbox ‘safe return’.  try settings that.

then in your mame emulator close script.  (assume mame32 is exe?)

taskkill /IM mame32.exe
            irotate 0
            timeout 2
            "[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Visual Pinball" 1 1 

also, if your menu is working but some things are out of position, press game-menu button as that will recheck all positions of windows.

let me know

yinyan
            Participant
              @yinyan

in v1.4 try some of these things:  (i don’t use irotate so not sure)

for your mame emulator there’s a checkbox ‘safe return’.  try settings that.

then in your mame emulator close script.  (assume mame32 is exe?)

taskkill /IM mame32.exe
              irotate 0
              timeout 2
              "[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Visual Pinball" 1 1 

also, if your menu is working but some things are out of position, press game-menu button as that will recheck all positions of windows.

let me know

thats great – thats got the exit script working good

thanks again

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

@yinyan :  good to know it works.  I’m updating the wiki and wanted to know if the sample i gave worked 100%?  did all windows come back in popper ok?

maybe you can copy/paste your launch/close script and i can use as example in wiki… thanks

yinyan
                Participant
                  @yinyan

Hi

yes all the windows came back on correctly

i didnt copy it like for like just used the taskkill and another line

but ill post my scripts tomorrow after work as iv shut my table down now

im sure there not perfect as im only just learning all this

thanks again

yinyan
                  Participant
                    @yinyan

ok heres my scripts – prob not correct but they are working for me

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” “Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator” 2 2 10

START “” “[DIREMU]\irotate.exe” “/rotate=90”

f:

cd “f:\downs\mame”

START “” “[diremu]\mameuifx64.exe” “[GAMEFULLNAME]”

taskkill /im mameuifx64.exe
                    START “” “[DIREMU]\irotate.exe” “/rotate=0”
                    timeout 2
                    “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” PROC “mameuifx64” 4 4

this also assumes that irotate is in your mame folder but i suppose you

can change that for anywhere you like

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

I myself use MAME without needing to rotate my screen with Popper. I just have MAME itself set to rotate in it’s own settings (like randr mentioned). So it’s literally just as simple as launching MAME….no extra programs needed.

yinyan
                      Participant
                        @yinyan

I myself use MAME without needing to rotate my screen with Popper. I just have MAME itself set to rotate in it’s own settings (like randr mentioned). So it’s literally just as simple as launching MAME….no extra programs needed.

hi

yeah but then it would rotate both screens  wouldnt it ??? my backglass screen wants to be landscape and playfield portrait

ill try it later

thanks

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

It will only rotate display 1 but with cammand line you can setup multiple screens too If you wanted.  Mame has all that built in for emulation :)

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

yinyan
                          Participant
                            @yinyan

no just tried it and it rotated both screens

ill leave it as it is – its working how i want it at the minute

Johnny844
                            Participant
                              @johnny844

Hi, im having problems with closing script  for my MAME64. I tried the “taskkill” and it closed the MAME. However, after closing it, i cant seem to launch any game at all.

I can still navigate through the menu and select games, just cant launch the game… any idea why??

THanks

Jko

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?