Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega 1995) v1.0

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    naeromagus
    Participant
      @naeromagus

Never really played this table until your release on Vp. What was done previously blew me away. I cant wait to try this update . Thank you again for this !

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Ohhhh thanks for the update.  I never thought this table could see improvements as I find it’s pretty stellar as is.

Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

It’s not a big update but it was needed! Playfield depth / shadow contrast was way too low. Almost to the point where it looked unrealistic! The main reason i render tables is to make it easier to see where the ball has to go and have the full 3D experience. I’m curious if the VR guys see a difference! It’s maybe just me, but i have a hard time playing tables without at least a shadow layer for the PF.

The change for the bumpers was also a must. Absultely boring shot into that area. Now it has the chance to bounce between the bumpers for up to 10 seconds like on the real table. There aren’t many satisfying shots to the left, now the left side of the table came a bit more alive!

The rest are rendering cosmetics.

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Pfff. You are all to hard on yourself. Previous version was stellar. I would not have played it that much if it didn’t deserve it. Never the less, ramp feels easier and that I do appreciate, I’ve put this one the waiting list for this weekend. Wife told me that our friend couple is arriving, and that means I need to teach him a new machines rules – and, there will be beers. Whoohoo !

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Thalamus.
            kds70
            Participant
              @kds70

Just noticed the update; many thanks for it. So, i´m back on cab … :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Rajo Joey
              Participant
                @joey2001

I play it in VR and it looks fantastic. Also I think, it plays a little better than the VR-room version.

So it’s a great update and I hope, that this version will be updated in the VR-room.

Big thanks. ??

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Schreibi34
                Participant
                  @schreibi34

@joey2001

Thanks for the reply! Could you be a bit more precise about the following:

Is there a noticeable difference in visual realism and 3D depth compared to the previous version in VR? Does the higher shadow contrast fit to what you see in 3D or does it look a bit off? I just want to make sure that i’m on the right track for future stuff!

Thanks!

Rajo Joey
                  Participant
                    @joey2001

@joey2001

Thanks for the reply! Could you be a bit more precise about the following:

Is there a noticeable difference in visual realism and 3D depth compared to the previous version in VR? Does the higher shadow contrast fit to what you see in 3D or does it look a bit off? I just want to make sure that i’m on the right track for future stuff!

Thanks!

I can’t see a very big difference to the old version. Everything seems a little deeper. I have made four videos.
                    Two videos as flyover of the two versions and two with gameplay.
                    I don’t know if you can see a difference in the videos. In the headset everything looks a little better and the table is also static in the headset and does not wobble as in the videos. :-)

Flyover 1.1.5

Flyover 1.2

Gameplay 1.1.5

Gameplay 1.2

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Rajo Joey.
                    Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

Thanks, man!

Really cool to see my own table in a flyover!

KiwiBri
                      Participant
                        @kiwibri

wow, the table plays really good in my 1080p cab!  thanks!

Shame the SEGA/data East DMDs are squashed on the std 128 x 32 real DMDs – I can barely read anything other than the score.. but table plays really well. Update really appreciated!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by KiwiBri.
                        Thalamus
                          @thalamus

@kiwibri : I agree. Having only a real dmd, I moved a virtual one up onto the db2s. Hate to have to do that, but, I had no other options. Might consider making a flasher and put it on the apron at one point – JP style.

KiwiBri
                          Participant
                            @kiwibri

@kiwibri : I agree. Having only a real dmd, I moved a virtual one up onto the db2s. Hate to have to do that, but, I had no other options. Might consider making a flasher and put it on the apron at one point – JP style.

Hmm, that could be an option – you did the the virtual DMD on a per game basis?  Not sure what the apron/JP Style one is? Do you mean another screen down in the apron area? I have a 46″ display that fills up my widebody cab really nice.. would not work and not worth changing in my case.

Btw – I changed the DmdDevice.ini to set the SEGA option = stretch, rather than = fit. Fills the DMD display a bit better now. Still hard to read some small text. The game plays so great, I want to keep playing it.  When it came out in the arcades I played it a few times, but in the mid 90s there were so many other tables to play I didnt play this much.

cdnbum88
                            Participant
                              @cdnbum88

Thanks for this update. Really enjoying the table.

Trying to figure out the DMD as it is partly on my BG and on PF. I have a real DMD (v3) and I don’t have anything show up on that, but just the one on both screens.

I read some details about the script but I only see a couple of places in script for DMD and not sure what I need to. I have future dmd and freezy that seem to make most other tables DMD work on my real one.

Not real familiar to know what is probably an easy fix.

Any help is appreciated.

Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

You won’t be happy with the Sega DMD on your real one. It uses more pixels and looks horrible on a standard DMD. Most people with a real DMD are draging the Sega DMD window to the BG monitor (with mouse).

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

@kiwibri : Yes. Pr. table or should I say ‘rom’ basis. I put in the rom name freezy in dmddevice.ini, to use virtual and then put the virtual on the backglass. This dmd is much larger than standard dmd, so, trying to make it fit inside 128*32 is not going to look good. Unfortunately. I loose some screen space of a very well done db2s. But, for now, I’ll let it slide.

I’ve done the same for Baywatch by the way.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Thalamus.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?