Metallica line 93 error

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Genesis38
    Participant
      @genesis38

Hello everyone,

I am not one to post without doing some extensive reading, but I am in need of some help with the Metallica Stern table. When launching the game, I receive an error on line 93, Gamename not found. Not sure why this is occurring as my Sam build, PinMame are both up to date, the rom is named properly and it played fine some time ago. Any ideas on how to get it running again? This is what shows on line 93: .GameName = cGameName Rom is named mtl_170h

Thanks in advance.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

mtl_170h  No longer used in vpinmame

Down new rom
        Metallica Premium 1.80 Game Code
        https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
        zip it up

call it — mtl_180h

Change the script

Genesis38
        Participant
          @genesis38

Thank you outhere. I will give it a try and report back.

As far as changing the script, I am assuming only the 2 lines near the top that show rom version or do I need to modify line 93 as well?

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Comment out one of the top two “Const cgameName” so only one is active, and in that you change the rom name.

Genesis38
            Participant
              @genesis38

Thank you fellows. I actually commented one of the lines at the top of the script as suggested using the old mtl_170h rom and now the table loads fine. Using the new mtl_180h rom file (bin named mtl180le.bin inside the zip), gives me a rom path error message, so not sure what I could be doing wrong. It’s working, but would like to update the rom if it’s beneficial.

Bob Albright
              Participant
                @bobalbright

I’m glad I stumbles upon this thread. I had not played Metallica for some time, but I do like the table —and I”m a big Metallica fan. Genesis—all I did was download the file from the Stern site–compressed it to zip file and renamed it appropriately. No need to change anything inside the file

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you fellows. I actually commented one of the lines at the top of the script as suggested using the old mtl_170h rom and now the table loads fine. Using the new mtl_180h rom file (bin named mtl180le.bin inside the zip), gives me a rom path error message, so not sure what I could be doing wrong. It’s working, but would like to update the rom if it’s beneficial.

I would say it is not beneficial up upgrade to mtl180. Sure, new rule set that is easier and some different lights etc. But, there is no FastFlip hack for VPM so you go back to having the flippers fluctuate between 0ms and 20ms response time. I’ve tested 180 myself to see what changed, but, until colored patch exists, Rob has said he isn’t putting the effort into making 180 optimized.

cdnbum88
                  Participant
                    @cdnbum88

Tried loading and with the rom mtl_180h it does not start. I remove the h and it starts but the flippers stick.

What am I doing wrong?

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

I’m successfully using mtl_170h.

cdnbum88
                      Participant
                        @cdnbum88

I’m successfully using mtl_170h.

I could not find the h version. Can you add the link to that rom? I find the 170 only. Must be missing something obvious.

outhere
                          @outhere

Download this file and unzip it in your VPinMame folder, Run the Setup.exe as administrator, Install you should be also set
                          Latest Beta SAMBuild 3.3 VPinMame official rev r4946 – SAMBuild_r4946.zip

See the –> For Up-Dating Section
                          https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4982#entry330264

cdnbum88
                          Participant
                            @cdnbum88

Download this file and unzip it in your VPinMame folder, Run the Setup.exe as administrator, Install you should be also set

Latest Beta SAMBuild 3.3 VPinMame official rev r4946 – SAMBuild_r4946.zip

See the –> For Up-Dating Section

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4982#entry330264

Thanks. So this will allow me to use the 180 file or 170 or do I still need to find the h version?

outhere
                              @outhere

180 file or 170 are for the PRO games
                              And 180h or 170h are for the LE version

outhere
                                @outhere

Here is the mtl_170h.zip
                                http://vpuniverse.com/forums/search/?q=Metallica&quick=1&type=downloads_file

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?